Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Bold 9900 Major Issues!!!

To start off, I fell in love with the new Bold 9900 the moment I saw it. Bought it, and within days problems started cropping up.

First, I can't log on to my Blackberry ID, it loads for a second after I enter my password and then just says "Unable to log in", still haven't found a way to fix this so any help would be appreciated.

Secondly, not a major issues, but my received texts are logged in the date "April 20th, 2043" which is inconveniant in terms of replying and keeping everything in order as my sent texts go out at the correct date/time. I managed to fix this problem with a reboot and so far so good.

Tragedy struck when I woke up one morning and my phone wouldn't turn on, the battery had recently been charged so it definitley wasnt that. Again I rebooted and the loading screen came on... and stayed on. Went to Vodafone and got an exchange for a new phone today and what do you know, more problems.

This new phone seems to be much slower and my internet on it is terrible. But this is nothing compared to the fact my touchscreen? Doesn't. Work. It was fine for the first couple of hours then when i restarted my phone after some updating it just stopped working. Doesnt respond at all. Fortunatley the trackpad is still functional but main reason I got this phone in the first place was for the touchscreen feature. PLEASE HELP?!?!? I'm at my wits end, I really love this phone and could rave about some of its features all day but my patience is wearing thin and will be returning it if problems continue.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Major Issues!!!

You may want to try reloading your BlackBerry OS7 software. The following link is a walkthrough for this on BlackBerry's open Knowledge Base.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB1...

This process will rule out any software issues. If your touchscreen still is not working after this then it's back to Vodaphone. Post back and tell us how it works or if there are any more questions.

Regular Contributor

Also I need to say this since it is very important to this process. Make sure you have a good Backup of your BlackBerry data before attempting this since it wil erase data from your BlackBerry.

New Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to help, fortunatley I pulled the battery one final time, left it for 20 minutes and it works fine now, will do the software update as you suggested if I have anymore problems. My blackberry ID still won't let me log in though, do you have any ideas on how I can fix that?

My Carrier: vodafone

Yeah I've had pretty much some of the same problems. I'm also with Vodafone and work for them Smiley Very Happy. As far as the blackberry I.D is concerned the following worked for me. But beware you will lose all your contacts so make sure you back your phone up to your PC before doing the following steps. Go to >settings >security>security wipe >click the option that says email contacts etc... Then type in blackberry and it will totally wipe your phone. This worked for me because I had the exact same blackberry app world problem. Hope to have been of help.
Regular Contributor

Yeah, unfortunately pinklady333 has the answer for all of you having big issues with the BlackBerry ID on these new OS 7 devices. This new BBID requirement has been the source of many headaches, so you're not alone. Just make sure you do a Backup of your data with BlackBerry Desktop Software before you do any wipes so you don't really lose any of your data.

New Contributor

Thanks so much for your help, I was really hoping I could avoid doing a wipe as I've already managed to get quite a few things saved on my phone haha but the BBID is getting really annoying so will have to resort to it:s

Thanks again!

Hello,

I bought also the 9900 the day it came out, I'm a big BB fan for the past 5 years and I have to say this new telephone has become a nightmare...I already changed 2 times and it simply does not work....

Major issues regarding the bluetooth, the connection is lost after 5 to 10 minutes in the car

Battery last no more than 6-7 hours during a working day...for a pro phone it's a bit weird...

Problem with the apps : they disapear, they do not work

Phone can be really slow sometimes it can take up to 20/30 secondes to open an app

Well I think apple is the last serious working phone in this market since I have an ipad and a bookair I do not see why I still do not have an iphone!!!

New Contributor

I haven't experienced any of those problems except the battery thing, I have to carry my charger in my bag now at all times which is ridiculous. It keeps having random meltdowns as well, never had to pull my battery this much with any other phone:/ 

New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

Same thing for me! Love the phone but I've had to do so many battery pulls in the last 3 weeks. Usually I just use the "quick pull" app that simulates a bat pull, but when my screen wouldn't turn on today (unless I had someone call the phone), then I had to.

Anyways, here are my problems thus far:

- the web browser often freezes for no reason. Sometimes the little clock appears, sometimes not. It happens after the page is loaded. Basically, the phone becomes unresponsive for about 15 seconds then it goes on like nothing hapenned. Like it had a seizure.
- I tried to quickly get someone's number, but it took about 15 seconds of frantic button pushing before it would turn on...it would then of course go through all the button commands.
- my whatsapp messages get deleted after every pull, and in my settings they are supposed to be saved to device.

For a 1.2 Ghz processor, there are clearly some issues that are making the phone not work to its full potential.

So, I'm going to do the re-installation soon and see if that works. Thanks for reading.