Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
elesegern
My Device: Bold 9900 White
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Major Issues!!!

Hi guy,
I have now had my bold 9900 for almost 6 months and I do love it now. Battery life is consistently good.
I have learned:
-out of box exprience is the worst it gets. Broken in, that plastic feeling goes away
-bberries take a few days to properly sync to networks, at least to rogers H+. It does get better.
-set the phone to search only for 3G and 4G (or greater) networks. It does get confused, esp during first week, with too many options. I've had no probs now.
-let the battery drain all the way to completely empty at least once in the first few days.
-set the phone so the screen stays at a dimmer setting, and set it so that you have to manually look for WiFi. The battery now lasts me a day or two if I don't make too many calls.
-the call quality on the handset still sucks but the quality through the earbuds and speaker phone is good.
-buy a hard-sided case like otterbox
-be prepared for the odd hard reset...I pulled the battery this morning. Probably every 3months.
-touchscreen is actually great once broken in.

Good luck. I wish the first impression of the phone had been better, but, well, it improves upon acquaintance. And it took me 2 weeks or more to get it to that point.
Elese
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kierinsky
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Has anybody heard of Quickpull? It's an app that simulates a batt pull. I haven't removed my battery since I've discovered this app.

Lately, I don't mind the 9900...but only because I downloaded the leaked OS that allows Mobile Hotsppot. That way I can do everything except text and call on my iPod. :-p
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Michhhh
My Carrier: Vodafone

I originally started the stream a few months ago and have had most of the problems people have mentioned on here since.. however I must admit, I agree with Elese.

After a couple of months, the phone didn't cause me any further problems.. I've downloaded the most recent software and even battery life has improved. It hasn't needed a battery pull in a while either and charges fine at night. I know it seems ridiculous to have to deal with all the problems and THEN finally have a properly working phone but I am really happy with the Bold 9900 now and think when you take out all the original problems it really is a brilliant phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fineartofdining
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hi all,

I have used bberrys for last 5 years, mainly for business. I am constantly on the go so emails were brilliant!

Since I have 9900 Bold it is dissaster! Now it is 5th exchange, vodafone keep sending me new headsets which all of them have same issues...switching off, batterry, dropping calls, multiply emails, freezing, loosing photographs etc...list of problems is endless...I would sell this phone to someone but I do not want to make someone unhappy...

So it will end up left at vodafone store and I will walk out, I am fed up with rim, I have sent an complaint email but no respons whatsever...I think rim is on life support, they did great phones in the past but I will go for iPhones for all my employees, sorry rim you loosing another customer...I should ask for money back but I do not think I will actually got something from you!

I am very unhappy customer and I will never recomend blackberry to anyone!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbiddle1
My Carrier: 8282160281

To All Who Read This:  I am on my 4th Blackberry Bold 9900 since mid January.  While I have had my current 9900  longer than the previous 3 units, I am still experiencing major problems, which are the phone will dial a number while I am in conversation.  This is not the last number dialed nor is it a number that was recently dialed.  Also, I will make a call and the call will ring one time and then the message comes, "Call ended".  Thridly, I have people call me and ask what I called about when, in fact, I did not dial them.  I believe this is by far the worse phone I have ever owned and cannot believe I was talked into spending much money than I cared to spend when I acquired it.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bserrien
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

Blackberry Bold 9900 Major Issues!!!

I would like to share my frustration about the Bold 9900 quality.

I bought the device 8 months ago (this is my 14th BB in 14 years).
After 4 months the screen went totally wild and the device shut down every few minutes after re-booting continiously.  Device was replaced.
After 6 months the screen went wild while BB continued to function without screen.  Device was replaced.
After 8 months the phone keep on re-booting 4-5 times/daily.  keypad not 100%, some keys are not well alligned with the underlying plastic film resulting in problems when typing.  The device was replaced for the 3rd time.
Apparantly the 9900 has significant problems, from hardware to unstable sw.
i never had any major issues with my 14 previous devices.
The 9900 comes with an ugly plastic pouch.  It is almost impossible to get the phone out of the pouch without braking nails.  The quality of the pouch fits the quality of the phone, thats for sure.

RIM seems to be rushing new devices into the market build from unstable hardware and running on unstable software.  It is clear corners are being cut and quality becomes secondary to cashflow.

Has RIM become the Titanic and the next BB10 the iceberg ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fineartofdining

[ Edited ]

Blackberry if you are reading this - I want my money back! I can not run business properly with broken phone! 4 devices exchanged all the time same issues, nothing changed! Dropping phone calls, screen pitch black!

My email [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use]

I am completely fed up with Bold 9900 total disaster! Vodafone saying is not responsible for devices faults, I was sending emails, calling to blackberry uk but no answer!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elesegern

Sorry to hear of the troubles, but I have talked to lots of techs who have the phone and love it now.

Make sure you lock your screen so it doesn't pocket-dial people (standard practice for any touchscreen phone).

Anyway, it has its quirks but it is a solid little phone now and I'm much happier with it than with any competitors' phones I've tried.

Anyone else had a positive experience lately? I find it curious how the forum was quiet until we started posting positive stuff, and then suddenly more horror stories poured in, none of which responded directly to me or to the poster who followed. I know the phone can be annoying at times...but anyone else suspect a deliberately negative campaign against blackberry/ rim on this?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fineartofdining

Elesegern - do you work for Blackberry? I have posted this phone on ebay and no one is interested to even buy it.... No more comments
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elesegern

Nope, student in completely different field! (Glad to know you're not a troll either :smileyhappy:). But I'm quite loyal to my companies and right now my bold is just fine for me. I try to be as balanced on these forums as possible. Good luck with whatever phone you're using instead. Cheers.
Please use plain text.