Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Kierinsky
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Major Issues!!!

Another problem which I fogot to mention was the fact that the track pad did not work properly from day 1.  I called Rogers and they are sending me a new one.  Lately, the previously mentioned problems have not been hapenning as much lately.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kjardell
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Same here - purchased mine and have had nohing but mounting problems.

Alarm will not work unless I leave the phone on all night.

If I set an alarm and use auto on and off neither the phone will neither ring for calls nor alarm.

As I hang up calls I get iquid graphics stopped being liquid after 2 days and is now jutter graphics when it works at all

Touch screen after 2 days is becoming increasingly unresponsive.

after 3 days phone has started re-booting itself periodically -

Battery pulls are needed more often than coffee breaks

phone is constantly hanging up

initial operation was promising but short lived.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kierinsky
My Carrier: rogers

I complained to Rogers and they sent me a new one. Everything is good and I love the phone. The track pad works properly now as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Michhhh
My Carrier: Vodafone

A lot of my initial problems have magically sorted themselves out (probably from the amount of times i've rebooted my phone), a recent addition to my ever increasing list of malfunctions has been that the phone just "switches itself off" in the night. This means not only do I not get any texts/calls/etc through the night but in the morning my alarm doesnt go off, although I myself appreciate the extra sleep, my manager at work doesnt...

Also, I dropped the phone today and cracked the screen. So i'm starting to think i'm just cursed. The touchscreen however, still works regardless of the massive cracks, so I guess that could be seen as a plus?

Does anyone know of places that fix this?

Please use plain text.
BBmikey
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

I have the same problem too guys! I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 and was very happy with this phone when I got my upgrade. For about a month everything was working fine then I went to sleep one day while phone was on charge woke up next morning and the phone was DEAD :No: WTH!! I tried to download the new blackberry OS 7 software and even tried to update the OS 6 version, it was working for a while till it came up with 'JVM' error and a message popped up saying my laptop can't detect my phone. I really like this phone, but I am not happy with this blackberry please sort this issue out!!!     

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MechaPumpkin
My Carrier: Rogers

I just wanted to add to this thread in hopes that someone is listening and this phone is simply recalled.  My guess is everyone is having similar problems, and it's only heavy users and experienced Blackberry users (people who expect their phone to perform) that are noticing/complaining.  Here is my list of issues with the Bold 9900 so far (I'm on Rogers in Toronto):

- Every time the device is pulled from the holster it requires me to press the alt key in order to resume normal function.  If the alt key isn't pressed the phone is stuck between the last application it was in and the "SWITCH APPLICATION" list of apps.  This is apprently happening on ALL Bold 9900s that have not yet received a firmware update (none is available as yet on Rogers).

- In the morning sometimes, after charging, the phone is either off, or alternating between flickering keyboard/keypad lights and solid red indicator light, until battery is pulled.

- As a result of turning itself "off" it also does not charge, so the battery is often at 70% or less after a night of charging.

- Battery life, even when functioning "properly" barely makes it through a work day, and that's with brightness turned all the way down to 10 (of 100).  Before turning down the brightness the phone lasted about 2/3rds of a day.

- Phone randomly turns off.  Sometimes restarts, sometimes needs to manually be restarted, sometimes needs a battery pull.

- Dropped calls like crazy since day one.  Never had this problem with any of my previous Blackberrys (of which there have been at least 9).  Partly due to randomness, partly due to the phone having sub-par reception.  I know this because I now get dropped calls in my basement frequently, and never got them before.

- Bad bluetooth connectivity.  Previous Blackberrys worked fine with my headset while the device was in my pocket.  Now, in order for the bluetooth to work in any reasonable way, I must have the unit outside of my pocket.  Either in my hand or in the holster clipped on the outside of my pocket.

- Device occasionally just freezes and requires a battery pull.  Not much more to say about that.

- Sometimes in the middle of a call the phone will just start ringing (as if I'm placing a call, not receiving one).  When the call is answered it's the person I was just speaking to.  There is obvously something wrong with the proximity sensor and my cheek is putting the person I was speaking to on hold and calling them back.  Whatever is doing this must be a single button (on-screen) press, because there is zero delay.  Mid-conversation the ringing starts.  No moment of not being able to hear the person, pause, then ringing.  Just mid-sentence and the ringing starts.

I actually believe I've had even more issues with this phone, but they're so minor compared to those listed that they're hardly worth mentioning.  That being said, all the minor issues probably add up to reason enough to replace a phone, if I didn't have larger concerns to address.   

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Omocurvy

Yipeeee! It worked like magic. Thanks a lot for posting this useful solution...very easy and convenient. I would recommend this to anyone who's got the blackberry id problem. Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rombout
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: UTS

What was your issue with this phone and what solution did you try?
Please use plain text.
blaisem
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Even I have faced some problems with the bold 9900. I am a huge fan of Blackberry and I upgraded my bold 9700 to bold 9900 but there are certain issues and its just 2 days since I got this phone .

Yesterday all of a sudden my track pad stopped working I put the phone off removed the battery and started it again that's when it started working.

Today when I got up my touch wasn't working again I put the cell off removed the battery and restarted it again and it worked.

I am just worried that in just 2days 2 things have happen what would happen in a months time.

Just wanted to know would this be a software problem and if yes then what would I have to do to avoid these things from happening.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Omocurvy

Hello Rombout,sorry about the late reply,I was having I.D log in problems,and it was driving me crazy..up until I got here and tried the solution 'Pinklady333' suggested.:Clap:. It worked like magic.Hope you found a solution to your 9900 problems too, however,one thing know is that the phone keeps having problems,and if its not too serious,it would probably rectify itself. Best of luck.

Please use plain text.