Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: 447817495190

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Major Issues!!!

I got the BlackBerry Bold 9900 2 months ago, after a month it broke, completely turned off then wouldn't turn back on again, came up with a white screen saying error. Took it back into the shop and 3 sent it off for repair, BlackBerry then sent me a brand new Blackberry bold with lots of checks so apparantly it wouldn't break again. Well 2 weeks later it did... wouldn't let me phone anyone or anyone phone me? I sent it off two weeks ago for repair and haven't heard anything back since due to the Christmas period so i'm phoneless. The inconvinience of having to send my phone off twice in two months for repair is ridiculous? What are blackberry doing???? I emailed them a complaint of which I had no reply to. It is safe to say i will NEVER purchase a BB again and will not reccomened and infact WARN people to get an iphone instead.. biggest regret choosing a BB over an iphone. 

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

In my opniion this is by far the worst phone I have ever had.

I have had every single problem mentioned in all the forums - I am prompted to write this because my third phone has just died completely and can't be re-started.  It seems to happen when the battery runs flat (a regular occurence) and then it can't be re-charged.  Re-setting it doesnt work, taking out the battery doesn't work - it is simply dead.

I wasn't able to call anybody last night or text them on New Year's Eve - so all my friends and family are probably wondering what's happened to me.  

This is not just minor inconvenience;  this phone isn't fit for purpose and lets me down on a daily basis.

The problem of the phone dying completely  has happened to me 3 times now and also happened to one of my colleagues at work - so I guess this must be a common problem, but I find it unbelievable that a problem like this could exist.  I've never in my life had a phone that simply dies completely and now this has happened 3 times!

I have also had replacements because of various other problems, so in total I've had at least 5 different handsets and every single one has had the most shocking battery life.  I simply can't use it if I go out in the evening.  I have tried turning things off like GPS and it's still awful.  No matter how hard I try to keep it charged I still find it running out at important times.  What's the point in having all these features when the basic phone doesn't even work?

I was also told there was some sort of fault with the way the phone uses the network so I was advised to put the phone on manual network selection.  I've never had a phone that had had this sort of problem.

As other poeple have reported, using the internet is also randomly bad.  Somethimes it just doesnt respond and the same request has to be re-submitted.

The bad news seems to be that these are all faults of the design because I have had so many different handsets and I have had all the same problems with everyone single one.

I also had all the same problems as everyone else with signing on to Blackberry ID which was unbelievable because there appeared to be no fix from Blackberry.

I also fnd the touch screen design deeply flawed.  I am constantly calling people by mistake, or putting them on hold or on mute.  There is also a delay of approx 3 seconds when doing any dialling task.  

All in all, this has been a complete disaster and has made me lose confidence in Blackberry completely.  I am responsible for the mobile phone policy in my company and after 10 years of using Blackberry I will be moving everyone off onto a different platform as quickly as possible.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

What I can't help but wonder is if Blackberry are planning on doing anything to fix this? The phone has been out for months now, there have been several complaints and so far no one has heard of a solution right? There hasn't been any sort of recall or reparations for all the problems the users have had to deal with. The iPhone's "death grip" problem was solved very quickly and Apple apologised to all of its customers. I would like the "smartphone" I pay for every month to not randomly switch off on me during important circumstances, I would like the internet I pay extra for to work and if I could receive entire text messages not just the beginning or end of them that'd be great. Too much to ask?

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: wind mobile

Black screen w/ red slow flashing light!. This is the SECOND time it's happened so far. Apparently it's a more common problem than it seems.  On crackberry's website there are many who've had the same problem, some multiple times! I didn't download any apps, upgrade the OS, or charge it overnight. I did however, use the wall charger. The battery was drained and i charged it for about 2 hours, when i checked on it I got that damned slow-flashing red light. 

Hopefully I can get another replacement.  It would be really nice for Blackberry to at least acknowledge the problem and provide a period of time the issue will be fixed! If this happens again i am definitely making the switch from blackberry to another brand.

New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

I have had many issues with my 9900 as well. However, after having it replaced, most problems were resolved. There was still frequent freezing and general slowness.

That being said, I have recently installed the new update. The phone is now faster, more responsive, and hasn't frozen yet. This doesn't mean that I'm not still mad at BB. Oh no. They still have lots of work to do.

Anyways, do the update! I still like BB but unless they make significant changes in the next two years, I'll be leaving them for either Samsung or Apple.

Hope that helps.

PS. When talking to the Rogers guy, he said that he wasn't aware of people having problems with the 9900. Also, he has the same phone, and claimed that he has gotten many people to switch from iPhone to the 9900. Yeah, right! The girl I spoke with two weeks prior told me that tonnes of complaints were coming in. HA!
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: wind mobile

I know right the the guy who replaced my first one also said he had the ssame problem, and had to have his replaced.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

I'd just like to say first off, I love this phone! I bought the white one the day it came out from P4U after weeks of waiting for the black one, and going from the Curve 8520 to the Bold 9900 was a very big improvement!

One thing I've found with the Bold 9900 is that the battery drains flat somedays within the course of 6 hours! As a student, I obviously cannot use my phone whilst in classes but today I found that within the course of waking up at 7:23am with the phone 100% battery charged all night, by 1:27pm it was drained to 17%!! I'd understand if I had been using the internet and playing music for hours but it had just been in my pocket, and I'd only recieve the few BBMs and text messages, and then the occational tweet!

Its been since christmas that I've noticed my battery just being eaten by an unknown source when my phone is sitting on the side, not being touched or recieving texts, so it does cause me to wonder whether its an app like twitter or facebook, or it might be the signal! I dont really know how to describe it but the top right hand side of the screen there is a black box with a white arrow inside which you get when recieving a text or something, which sometimes flickers when not recieving a text and in a high signal area- could it be something to do with this? 

I have downloaded a 'BatteryWatch' app, where it shows you the battery level, and sometimes it falls at great speed, others very slow..

If anyone could help with the problem, explain it alittle better to me or maybe suggest something it may be, I'd be very grateful!

Many thanks x

New Contributor

No matter what you do the battery will not last for the entire day, I've tried everything. But swtiching off wifi, bluetooth, etc any kind of networks, lowering your screen brightness and manually closing any application after you're done with using it also prolongs battery life just a litle bit. And apparently the vibrate sound option is another energy eater. Hope this helps!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel (Bharati - India)

Yeah, quite frustrating ! - I bought a bold 9900 two weeks back, The problem started a week back. I have enterprise activate and it simply would start restarting suddenly into an endless loop !!! I am desperate for a fix as this is my Corporate carrier but I choose to invest my money to get this 'high end' phone (against my company issued curve series) - Help !!

Hey can anybody help me? I went to the vodafone shop earlier on today because my phone has problems like randomly rebooting itself, it doesn't charge properly, sometimes the battery goes very quickly so I've got to charge my phone all the time and various other issues, I downloaded this blackberry software update, and I'm updating my phone with it now, and its been on the "back up progress" section for atleast 2 hours now. It hasn't moved past the point that its been at all this time....I don't want to plug the phone out incase it's not useable anymore like it says...I'm thinking to just plug it out because i cant be bothered to wait any longer, I want a working phone by the time my day starts so...please help