Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Major Issues!!!

Oh, OK...well...then you'd need to provide some better symptom descriptions...from your posts in this thread, there is too little to go on in regards to your situation...indeed, what you said in post 68 of this thread was, in this thread, totally new information about your situation.

Or, do you perhaps have another thread with more details? If so, then you should "bump" that thread for new attention (assuming you have not "bumped" in the last 24 hours, that is).

In any event, I'd advise a separate thread for your situation...a thread you create(d). List your detailed symptoms (exact and complete, including error messages if any), your configuration (BB OS level, carrier, etc.), and ALL things that you have already tried (step by step please) along with exactly what happened from what you already tried (what happened on each step...e.g., not just "that didn't work").

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
rombout
My Device: Bold 9930

[ Edited ]

It has the red light going on every 10-20 sec and stays in this rebooting state. tried every trick i could find on google as well on a pc as on a mac. All those tricks with ie deleting the vendor.xml wont work cause the device wont turn on. A technician here said he had seen something similar with a bold 9700 if im correct he said there is an issue with piece inside which catches dust. he could fix this by removing the part and molding it back on. It is a sort of resistance for the reboot. But that was back in novemeber and at that moment he hadnt tried it yet with this new bol 9900. i didnt wanted to be the first 'test case' for him so i said i come back later. He also had about 4 devices (9900) there with the same issue. If seen posts where the also call it the "The LED of death". 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm not willing, at this internet distance, to 2nd guess a technician who had the device in their hands.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ahubbard
My Device: 9900

My advice get rid of it as even if you sort the problem, another one will happen
New Contributor
bbiddle1
My Device: Bold 9900

I have a Bold 9900 and it has been nothing but a headache.  My phone will shut down and go through a reboot almost daily.  There have been times when it reboots twice daily.  Also, the settings go away and I have to go into the menu and reset the mobile network, wi-fi and blue tooth to the on position.  Moreover, the phone will drop a conversation in the middle and begin dialing a number with the number not being one recently dialed.  I think this is the worst peice of garbage I've ever owned.  To think, the representative of T-Mobile talked me into paying much more for the phone than I paid for my G3 BlackBerry.  Problem is, T-Mobile won't rectify the problem.  

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

ahubbard wrote:
My advice get rid of it as even if you sort the problem, another one will happen

These are support forums.  How are you supporting anyone here? 

Your comments would be better served elsewhere.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
Kaatwomaan
My Device: Bold 9900

This is, by far, the worst phone, I have ever used. In October 2011, I dropped my HTC Desire in the toilet... This required me to get a new phone... I was aware the new Blackberry Bold was coming out and I figured if I were to ever get a Blackberry, now would be the time. I had to see what all the hype was, so I took the plunge and I have never regretted something more. The phone worked relatively well for a short period of time, after that it has been nothing but problems. Originally, if my phone went into the sun, the screen would shut off and not work until it was cooled down by a fan or the battery was taken out until it was cool now: (Yes, my phone has been dropped a few times but I have an otter box on it...
-If my phone becomes half a degree over room temperature, the screen shuts off... In order to get the screen back, I have to set it  on a A/C duct, in the freezer, or fridge for roughly 5 minutes.
-It freezes more than it's not frozen
-It can be at 30-40% battery life and it will just die. 
-The track pad button rarely works (I have to use the touch screen)
-My charger doesn't sit in the port properly causing me to have to MacGyver a mechanism of elastic bands and tape holding it to exactly the right angle so it will charge (to 100% if I'm lucky)
This was my first, and last Blackberry adventure. Anyone that says they're going to get a Blackberry, I will have no problem steering them in the complete opposite direction. I can't even use this phone for its basic functions most of the time. I sincerely hope someone who is anyone reads this and gives their head a shake, it's very clear to see why RIM is a dying breed. 

docwatt

Lets see, where do I begin?

I've had my 9900 for a year now, and although it's a 3 year contract, it's a long time for its phone considering the torment.

- battery life?  It's been discussed to death here, I only have a huge issue with the speed it dies from a half bar of battery life to dead can be minutes or hours... No consistency.

- Since it was almost new, it can crash and reboot on its own randomly, albeit, infrequently.

- Screen goes black and becomes unresponsive, so only a battery pull, or a wall plug in brings it to life regardless of battery state.

- Speaker blew within 2 months and is terrible to talk on now due to the phone deciding to play all ring notifications at super high volume till it killed it's speaker.  I could change anything in regards to the volume for some time, so putting it on vibrate was my only option.  Now its a crappy phone.

- lately, the worst thing that has finally given me reason to abandon BB once and for all, (after at least 8 RIM devices), is the tough screen is out of control at times, and quite often.  I watch it sitting on my desk as I write this and the icons are flashing, programs or folders are opening and closing at random, and at a quick pace, and the device is unusable until it quits.  The fix?  Not a battery pull it seems, but rubbing fairly hard on it's face along a pair of jeans or the carpet.  Unfortunately, this usually only lasts a short time before it's possessed self takes off again.

- Did I mention the call, f, 0, j and k keys work very little if at all?  Yup one at at time the keys are dying.

- I tried backing it up to my MAC so I could go out and buy an iphone, but it won't connect... Insult to injury.

- and lastly, well not really, but what's the point of continuing, the camera has never been able to pick up a QR code regardless of the software I use.. and I stopped downloading software at all a while back because my phone stopped working all together for a bit until I reformatted it basically, and started fresh.  It's one thing losing the software that you paid for, but another not being able to reload them for fear of having the same result.

The Telus store has been sympathetic, and it is my fault for not demanding a new phone, but really, each BB I buy, each model up I move, (other then the Storm which was a complete piece of trash), these things get worse and worse, while my friends iphones and Androids get better and better.  I am a true Canadian at heart, I took pride in owning a Blackberry, but after taking a bath on the stock, and wasting good money after bad on the phones, I have to move on.

Please Apple, buy RIM so we can have a great phone with a great human interface!  The best of both worlds...

docwatt

PS... this is a huge thread with lots of issues.  I am curious if anyone on it has ever heard from RIM in response to their problems?  Or do they even read this stuff.  I know they know, I have personally talked with a friend who is an employee, and he is worried, very worried...  :0(

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

docwatt wrote:

PS... this is a huge thread with lots of issues.  I am curious if anyone on it has ever heard from RIM in response to their problems?  Or do they even read this stuff.  I know they know, I have personally talked with a friend who is an employee, and he is worried, very worried...  :0(

Hello,

To answer your question...this site a RIM-sponsored forum -- they pay for the site and the mods. But, the charter is for this to have user-to user participation, on a voluntary basis. RIM folks rarely respond, and such should never be expected here. They state that they intend to read everything, and I have confidence that they actually do have that intent. But, no responses from RIM should ever be expected here.

The only ways to receive formal support or information from RIM are:

1. The officially published KBs, websites, etc.
  2. Via escalation from a formal support channel (carrier, original place of purchase, authorized service center)
  3. Paying for Incident Support

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates