Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
minikberger
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Blackberry Bold 9900 Restarting

My Blackberry Bold 9900 has restarted itself 4 times now. (bought 3 days ago). The screen will go black and the red flight will light up for a few seconds and then it will start up again. PLEASE HELP! it does randomly even when im just holding it! I can get it replaced but i would rather fix it here! thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
callanish
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: O2

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Restarting

I don't have a solution.

But this is exactly the same problem I have with my Bold 9900.

A replacement phone - delivered and backed up and restored on Friday - does exactly the same as described above- black screen , red light, re-boot , It happens randomly - but about every 15 minutes  - so it's re-started about a hundred times since I got it.

I've taken it to my phone network supplier retail outlet and they re-backed up and restored all over again -but still problem presists. The phone is otherwise working perfectly. But its a fairly serious problem!

Do I need to replace phone - again!

Please use plain text.
talha123
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: at&t

i dont know the solution but i have a blackberry bold 9000 and it has a smilar problem only worse 

my phone doesnot startup 

everytime i try to start it, it shows that little black clock while starting and then shuts down and restarts 

i am new to blackberry and i have no idea why this is happening so a solution would be very helpful 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gplaine
My Device: Bold 9900 + Playbook

I've encounter this same issues with our corporate BlackBerrys.  We've also had issues with the reset "breaking' an enterprise activation."  All of the IT policies are in place, but no email connection to our BES. 

Please use plain text.
Scott_Reeve
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

I also don't have a solution, but the same thing is happening to me.  I have tried multiple factory resets, but nothing seems to stop the problem.

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gplaine
My Device: Bold 9900 + Playbook

Looks like it is an issue with the current OS. Hopefully, this will be corrected in the next update/next OS.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ankupan
My Device: BB 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I have also Bold 9900.

I have latest OS on it, but it is rebooting several times a day. it is happening with me from last one month.

I am tired now and thinking to change with another model.

Earlier I was having Bold 9780, better than 9900.

RIM, please help to resolve this issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
revti
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

May be a loose battery!!

Hey I had the exact same problem- my first 9900 got stuck in an infinite reboot loop- the company replaced it. Second phone got stuck in the same reboot loop, this time I reinstalled the OS (using BBSAK) and it worked fine.
Both phones had the problem of randomly rebooting. My phone would reboot itself at least 15 times through the day. I thought it was an OS problem and cycled through 3 different OS 7s.
The ACTUAL solution was much much much simpler- I figured out that my phone rebooted on any minor impact, and that the battery was probably loose. Stuck a thick double sided tape on the inside of my battery cover to snuggen the battery, and my phone hasn't rebooted itself since.
May not work for everyone- but it's too easy a fix to not try I think.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sionshi
My Carrier: Telus

:Oops:Thx a lot! My device restarting several times a day since i updated the released ROM 585 by Telus. Firstly I thouht it was dut to the new ROM or apps i've downloaded,but after replace the software the problem occurs as before.

Your soultions seems to correct so far and it never happend! But i have to say to RIM, the design of the battery cover is a failed product. It is been only 2 months the back cover has been loose!!??

Please use plain text.
jacoswan
My Carrier: VF

This was happening to me, and the carrier offered to replace the phone. I thought I'd try a new battery first (£12) and problem solved!!

The battery life is supposedly about 300 cycles which I read somewhere is supposed to be 18months, but I was charging mine twice a day - ie less than 6 months lifetime!

Please use plain text.