Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Diogones
My Device: 9900

Blackberry Bold 9900 do not startup

I removed the battery of may BB Bold 9900. Than, when I putt it back de cell phone didn't work. The red light apeers for a moment and the device do not start up.

I tried to use Blackberry desktop but it didn't work. Do not recognize the device. And when recognize do not work.

I used the loader. I conected the device while the red ligth was on and it recognized the mobile but said "the blackberry Desktop Software do not have software for the Blackberry dece I pluged in. Contact the provider or the sistem mannager" or something like this in portugese.

Please solve my problem.

New Contributor
tkfisher13
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 do not startup

I'm following this thread because I'm having the same problem now. I plugged my phone in to charge last night and woke up to it not working. Pulling the battery just results in that red light then nothing.
New Contributor
fbereyziat
My Device: Bold 9700

Same problem exactly with a Blackberry Bold 9700.

Please advise...

New Contributor
tkfisher13
My Device: Bold 9900

**update**

apparently the wall plug will no longer charge my battery...once I plugged it in the usb port of my pc, the battery started charging, and the phone booted up.