Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Lacow
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Bold 9900 doesn't recognise my sim

Hi, so I used up all of the charge in my battery, charged it back up and subsequently turned it back on - all of a sudden the device doesn't recognise my sim.

The message that comes up says that I've inserted a new sim - but I haven't - and asks me to log in using my Blackberry ID username and password. I did this but my password wasn't being recognised so I reset it online - it said that the password had been successfully changed, however, it still isn't recognising it when I enter it into my device.

Someone please help?! Thank you in advance!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 doesn't recognise my sim

Do you have a data connection to the network? It might be a good idea to get a new sim card too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Lacow

To be honest I'm not sure because I can't get past the Blackberry ID Sign In screen. I've tried taking the sim back out and leaving it for a while but no joy...is getting a new sim the only solution? Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If everything was working fine before I would say the sim has failed. You can check your BBID by using it to log in at www.bbid.com and if you're able to log in there it should work on the device. It won't work on the device, though, without a connection to the Internet. I'd start with a new sim card.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Lacow

I've checked my BBID by using it to login online and I was able to log in no problem, but when I attempt to login on my device it doesn't work.

Sounds like I need a new sim then - is this a regularly occuring problem in your experience? It just seems so odd - there was no kind of warning, one minute everything was fine and the next the sim fails...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I wouldn't say "regular" but I've seen lots of sim cards fail.
Please use plain text.
Lacow

Do you know if contacts and such are automatically saved to the sim or the device itself? If they save to the sim then I've lost everything : (

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

No, they are on the device memory. You should be able to connect the device to your PC and use BlackBerry Desktop Software to make a full backup.
Please use plain text.
Lacow

Well thats good news at least. I'll do that and get a new sim then - many thanks!

Please use plain text.