Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Ravenbutt
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Blackberry Bold 9900 not charging PLEASE HELP!

Hey Guys, i just bought a Blackberry Bold 9900 today on contract and am waiting for my sim to be activated, and need to go back into the shop tomorrow... but the guy told me to charge the phone when i get home, So I done that, and when i plugged it in, it wouldnt charge, so i disconnected it and reconnected the charger again, and it came up on the screen with a battery symbol with a red "X" through it, so i left it for a while, and now when i put the charger in, it charges and has a battery with a lightning bolt through it, then like 30 seconds later it will go back to the Red cross in the middle of the battery... I NEED HELP PLEASE!             

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 not charging PLEASE HELP!

Are you using the charger that came with the phone?  Also, is it a wall charger or are you charging via USB or car charger?  These are all important considerations so please post back with your response.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ravenbutt

yep im using the charger that came with the phone, and a wall socket :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

OK, I'm going to suggest reloading the OS.  The guy at the shop can do it for you because I'm not sure if you need an active SIM card in your phone to perform the operation.  If not, you can do it by using BlackBerry Desktop Software and clicking Device at the top of the software then Restore or Update (either one should work).

Keep us posted on your progress.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ravenbutt

ok thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.