Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Jonnibravo
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: three

Blackberry Bold 9900 restart problem

[ Edited ]

Hi I have a Blackberry Bold 9900, it started to restart on me one evening constantly, so I searched the net and attempted to reload the OS.  I managed to wipe the device with BBsak and reinstall the OS without the phone rebooting.  It worked perfectly for a few days and then all of a sudden it started rebooting again.

The phone had not been used, no apps installed just left, Reformatted and removed the sd card, I tried re-flashing the software again but still it works for anything from a few hours to a few days before it reboots constantly till the phone dies, sometimes at this point I can recharge and it will work again for a few hours.

Anyone help with this, I am out of warranty and I dont what to do.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 restart problem

[ Edited ]

This sounds like an issue with the onboard memory.  I had a blackberry curve that did the same thing and the only option was to replace it.  The phone would just reboot randomly if I was using it or not.  You've eliminated the software being an issue since you've wiped it.  You will have to get the phone replaced at this point, sorry.  You can try a replacement battery, but I still think its an issue with the onboard memory.  It can't hurt to try at this point.  You could take it to the store and have them run diags just to see.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hi Jonnibravo,

Try to update to the latest os and see whether it still reboot constantly.
If want to thanks click "Like", if problem solved by this post then click "Solution" so others can find it
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jonnibravo
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: three

Which operating system do I use, Itried using the UK 3 software but the phone is a sim free phone and I cant find any sim free specific software

Please use plain text.