Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ryanchatt98
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Bold 9900 won't charge!

I've had my Bold for 8 months now, over the past month my phone temporarily wouldn't charge, but today it won't charge at all, I got a new battery about two months ago, it was great at first but then lost power easily later on.Owen I connect my charger, the end is wobbly and doesn't quite fit, I got the charger when I bought the phone at Christmas. I've tried several power outlets, but no progress..when I connect my phone to my computer, it charges only if I keep it very still or sometimes not at all! So what can I do? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 won't charge!

Hi ryanchatt98,

Welcome to the Community,

From what you have described it appears two things First there may be a problem within your charger and secondly as you said your batteries drains quickly for that there are many reasons.

So I think it will be better if start with the First. one Can you manage a good genuine charger from someone of your friend to verify that the problem is within the charger or something else.Check it and do post back.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryanchatt98

Hi, I've now found out that my phone was always on and fully charged, but the screen and typing buttons come unrespoisive when in direct sunlight, so I've moved into a dark room and a couple of seconds later, the screen became brighter and worked brilliant..what can I d to stop my phone from doing in the sun? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi ryanchatt98,

Thanks for the update ! So it means your earlier issue is no more and you have only problem with your  screen and keyboard during direct sunlight.Well for that you can try battery pull restart.which is always considered as the first step towards removing any glitches within the device.Do it like this while device Powered On remove the Battery wait a min. then reinsert it back. See if that resolves your problem.

If not then you can go for reloading or updating your device,which I think will resolve your Screen and keyboard problem.

Good Luck

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BeckyBrown_
My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

My bold 9700 has a similiar sun light problem too, in the sun my track pad seems to have a mind of its own.. It makes it extremely difficult to type with as my cursor moves about constantly so my words end up jumbled up, maybe our devices get too hot in direct sun light? :-)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ryanchatt98

Thanks, I updated my Bold to OS 7.1 yesterday, and at the moment everything seems fine..

Ryan.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi ryan,

You are most welcome! Now just take advantage of OS 7.1.

Good Luck

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sidiluv
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: glo

I recently discovered that sun rays had started affecting my bb bold 9900, I checked the forum and discovered that someone had also complained about such but there was no solution proffered, as soon as I take d phone out of the house, it begins to malfunction, the menu begins to click and unclick itself, the software was roloaded, the certificate renewed and a lot of other stuffs, it wasn't still working well until I decided 2 change the trackpad, bammmm!, that was the solution, now my bold 9900 does not react to sunrays anymore. Just incase you have same problem, pls change your optical trackpad.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

sidiluv wrote :

I recently discovered that sun rays had started affecting my bb bold 9900, I checked the forum and discovered that someone had also complained about such but there was no solution proffered, as soon as I take d phone out of the house, it begins to malfunction, the menu begins to click and unclick itself, the software was roloaded, the certificate renewed and a lot of other stuffs, it wasn't still working well until I decided 2 change the trackpad, bammmm!, that was the solution, now my bold 9900 does not react to sunrays anymore. Just incase you have same problem, pls change your optical trackpad.

Hi sidiluv

Welcome to the Community

Thanks for Sharing your Solution.

Prince

Please use plain text.