Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
YogaLand
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Bold 9900

I just purchased a black Blackberry Bold 9900 but I really wanted the white one however the location which I got it at was out of stock.  I found a location that has some in stock so I am thinking of making the switch.  However, I have a question about the back light.  On the black phone the keys light up at night which is a nice feature but on the white phone, the keys are black so I am wondering if and how they would light up and if it is easy to type at night time with dim or no lighting.  Secondly, I was told that the white phones chip (although I would have a cover on the back but my main concern is the keys getting dirty etc.).  I know this is a cosmetic question but the white phone looks so slick.

Any advice or suggestions for this would be great.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hey YogaLand,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

The keypad will still light up as per normal when it is in a dark area.  I can not comment on chipping as this is a cosmetic issue and depends on several factors, for example how much abuse has the BlackBerry Bold 9900 taken.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.