Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
techlawyer
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

I started this thread and received my replacement 9930 a couple days ago via someone who brought it to me in Jordan.  It's been operating OK but within the past few hours has spontaneously rebooted three times -- without me doing a battery pull or otherwise doing anything to trigger it.  I'm wondering whether this is a precursor to another failure.  I hope not -- but if it happens, I'll post it here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
George_Smith
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

The BB Bolds are defective and are spontaneously self-destructing. It happened to mine this morning.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Some-BlackBerry-Bol​d-units-just-wont-wake-up-in-the-morning-RIM-conf...

I contacted RIM directly to inquire as to when or if they will have a fix.  In return, I received an evasive, generic non-reply that failed to addres the relevant issue.

:manmad:

I also tried the procedures for restoring "bricked" or "nuked" phones, but they didn't work because the problem is with the phone itself.

Apparently the only solution at this time is to replace the phones and pray you get one that will work this time.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rombout
My Carrier: UTS

Indeed bro!!! In brought mine back today and we on curacao dont really have a service provider only those freakin pakies who sell phone without any sort of warranty! But they do charge ya $750 for the brick device!!! I went to his technician which opened the phone, first thing he saisd was " this phone had water inside" cause some little sticker was turning red!!! I got so pissed at that moment. I said do you really relay on a little sticker, even condense could turn that red. I hope it will turnout all right and I here a positive reaction this monday! Rim is really letting there shrinking costumer list in the dark here. They won't give any reaction and senDing them an email results in a auto responder which says in short, check the forum or return to your service provider. How lame is that!!!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

rombout, yes, having moisture or liquid damge indicated by that sticker will void your warranty.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rombout

So if you change your mem card or do a battery pull with moisty hands your **bleep**ed!!! Seriously who depands on sticker in such a expensive way... The placement of thay sticker is a bit of perhaps!?
Please use plain text.
JSanders

most all carriers and device manufacturers I know of have this same liquid damage indicator sticker. It is nothing new in the small electronics industry. Sorry, man.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rombout

and probably cause of this **bleep**ing sticker i wont get it replaced... it was working so that drop of water or condense isnt the cause in this case... if they check all the parts they can see nothing happened to it. So i will demand a second opinion! all circuits are in good shape on that thing

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Good idea, you should demand a second opinion.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
George_Smith

So why do they place the sticker on the OUTSIDE of the circuitry case instead of the inside? It's a scam so to blame the custormer for slipshod engineering and manufacturing processes.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
George_Smith

One look at the number or users reporting this problem proves this is much more widespread than RIM is admitting.

This is my second and LAST RIM product.

I could have flushed 6 crisp $100 bills down the toilet for the same level of satisfaction I have gotten with the BB Bold.

Please use plain text.