Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

techlawyer wrote:

The information you received from RIM is interesting -- but seems inconsistent with the information that RIM gave to CNBC about a month ago which discusses software problems with both the 9900 and the 9930,  .  That article, which you can find at http://www.cnbc.com/id/45362561, doesn't suggest that the problem with the 9900s and 9930s is limited to Verizon.  Moreover, the 9900 is not CDMA (which is the Verizon system) but is GSM and is carried by T-Mobile.

That is correct, techlawyer. Perhaps only some lower level tech support with RIM would say this, but I know this issue is not limited to Verizon devices. Frankly, that's hogwash.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
dmreardon
My Device: 9930 Bold

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

It is MOST frustrating.

Contributor
rombout
My Device: Bold 9930

What really is frustating that, this going on for a couple months now and still NO response from RIM....

Come on here! so this is what you get when your a lawyall blackberry user! silince and no feedback!!!!

I hope they really co e with a serious solution instead of a swappinh the phones

New Contributor
buzburbank
My Device: Q10

Add me to the list.  Got my 9930 on September 26...almost made it 3 whole months!  Frustrating to say the least.

Similar symptoms...battery drained during an overnight charge.  After a battery pull, I was actually able to get a full charge and a full day's use yesterday.  Battery drained again overnight.  Put it on the charger this morning and was able to send an e-mail.  Left for a few hours and returned to find a brick on the counter.  Slow blinking red light, no response.  Even the desktop software - which knew there was a device at the end of the cord but wouldn't connect - suggested that I install BB device software because the device had none.

VZW retailer was pretty cool about getting the warranty replacement ordered, but in light of the fact that tomorrow is Christmas and Monday is a federal holiday, even with FedEx overnight I will be lucky to see the new phone by Wednesday.

Not ready to punt on BB, but this is not a good sign.  Hoping for a Christmas miracle.  :smileywink:

bkj008
My Device: Bold 9900

Same problem with my 9900 as well. its not booting up at all, and the red light keeps blinking. AT&T is ordering in a new phone (9900) for me. the AT&T store folks told me that quite a few phones are facing this problem. many folks are seeing the issue within 30 days, so they replace it out. is BB RIM going towards RIP ???????

Dishant

Hey.. I am facing the same problem buddy.. Did everything which you tried.. The battery pulls, different charging points, restoring software thru apploader but nothing at the end.. I am totally stuck as i am very much dependant on my bb.. Can you please give me some information as how did you got the replacement of your phone from Verizon. Even i have the same bold 9930 from Verizon but im in India and got my phone from Thailand.. Please help !!
New Contributor
buzburbank
My Device: Q10

This is priceless.  Just received the replacement that was ordered Saturday (4 days ago - b/c of the holiday).  Out of the box, powered up fine but the 7,8,left shift, and 0 keys are jammed stuck and not even functional.  Nor can I free them.  Or would I even want to try.

Verizon refuses to issue me a replacement from the local stores' inventories.  Now I have to wait ANOTHER day (at least), take off MORE TIME from work to meet FedEx, and be generally pissed off because the "new" phone will probably brick anyway.  This gone from a curious glitch to a maddening affair, and I have quickly fallen out of love with BB, VZW, and the 9930.

FWIW, I wonder now about VZW's standard practice of shipping replacements in a cellophane sleeve plastered against a cardboard backing.  Was the pouch too snug?  Was it the packaging that squeezed the 9930's keyboard into oblivion?  Does VZW even realize this as a possibility?  Either that, or the warehouse lackey was spilling his soda all over the place.

Contributor
jakecamp12

My Bold 9930 bricked over Christmas.  Did the same thing all of the other posts did.  I also had it updated to all of the latest software releases, which tells me RIM has not figured out why they are bricking the phones.  This will be my last Blackberry, as my previous one had issues for months until RIM finally released an OS patch to fix it.  Extremely disappointed since RIM has so many public relations issues that they have not spent time to fix this issue.

New Developer
dimm0k
My Device: Bold 9930, PlayBook

Curious if anyone here has tried loading Sprint's 7.1.0.163 onto their 9930 devices in an attempt to fix this issue?

New Contributor
KyleY1991
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

After several frsutrating days and conversations with Verizon, I  see that my 9930 Bold was not the only machine that bricked.  Other than a refurbished phone, Verizon could not provide many answers to my BB 9930 bricked phone and just turned to BB / Rim for insight. 

Please add me to the list of users with  9930's that are now $300 paperweights. Here is the post I just left on the rim site...

"I have a BB 9930 purchased 75 days ago.  Last week it would not turn on.  Contacted verizon and they asked to come to store and get new batrery.  New battery did not turn on device - verizon said device was toast sent out a refurbished phone.   Two questions:  1) With desktop blackberry backed up, how do I restore the back -up on new blackberry?  2) is the old blackberry dead.  Concenred that I have lost all pictures, video, music stored on old device - how would I be able to retrieve old media content?"