Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
techlawyer
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

In response to Dishant's question, I don't think how I obtained my replacement is going to be of much help.  I was in Jordan when my phone died.  Thankfully, I knew someone who was going to be coming to Jordan from the U.S.  I had Verizon ship him the replacement and he brought it with him to Jordan.  Other than that, I don't know what I would have done.  I will tell you that, in the interim, I also have purchased an iPhone 4S as a backup phone.  Seems like a needless expense but I don't think I can rely on the 9930 continuing to function -- particularly since RIM has not yet released the software fix.  When the Bold works, it is great -- but I can't risk being stuck outside the U.S. without a working smartphone.

Please use plain text.
SadGirl1984
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Just got my bold 3 weeks ago so I was quite upset to wake up to a bricked phone. Even more upsetting is that no matter what I've done to fix it (professional) nothing has worked and I've been told to chuck it.

I can't exchange or ask for a replacement phone ( I live in Nigeria) so I've basicly shelled out a **bleep**load of money for a phone I used for 3 weeks. Fantastic.

I'm off to buy an iPhone. RIM has lost me. Why every phone they make has to have a problem is beyond me. Good bye RIM, was good(?) while it lasted...
Please use plain text.
Dishant

Thanks Techlawyer.. I have found a solution to this. This problem is bcoz of the power ic of bold 9930 and bold 9900. I have got it repaired and its working quite well but it can brick again anytime. So for now, I'm still using my bold 9930 but somewhere in my heart I have started hating RIM for this useless yet so costly phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Canyon
My Carrier: Sprint

Yet another addition to the crowd of those with a Bold 9900/9930 (9930 specifically) paperweight. Like many others, mine was on the charger overnight, this morning I have a red light alternating with an hourglass on the screen. Numerous battery pulls result in the same red light/hourglass. I have a second battery that I keep charged, it does the same thing. Definitely a bleeding edge device. I can see going back to my years-old hardware (not Blackberry), doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it always worked.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Abalourdos
My Device: Bold 9700

My 9930 crapped out as well, while on vacation! No less. Same attempted fixes to no avail. New phone on its way! By Wednesday hopefully. The guy at the Verizon store said not to let the phone discharge below 5% to avoid this issue in the future. Could this possibly be true? My phone worked fine for months but as I am out of town it discharged below 5% for the first time. Arthur
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer

I spoke with Verizon tech support today on this issue. I was told that RIM has advised them that it will release a software fix sometime this month. Hopefully, that information is accurate -- but unfortunately RIM doesn't have a great track record on scheduling issues.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ahmadkmm
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Movistar

Well, my 9900 died today and I'm not surprised actually, that's the price you pay for wasting your money on **bleep**ty products. I am honestly fed up with rims products and poor services, this is it for me. Its a good thing I bought an iphone 4s a couple of weeks ago. As soon as I'm posting this message I'm going straight to the bathroom to flush my 9900 in the toilet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jakecamp12
My Carrier: Verison Wireless

Don't count on RIM releasing anything any time soon.  They have been promising this fix since at least 11/19/11 since this problem started to surface with more than just a handful of people.  I know if this phone dies like my last one I am off to iPhone world and will never touch another RIM product.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
moiraelizabeth
My Device: 9900 4g

Thank you.  I tried removing the battery for a few seconds and that worked like magic!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer

I'm glad it worked for you.  A battery pull generally is the first thing to try with Blackberry problems.

You also are very lucky.  Many people with the "blinking red light" problem have been left with a "brick" -- i.e., a nonfunctioning BB device that cannot be restored via a battery pull or anything else!

Please use plain text.