Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
moiraelizabeth
My Device: 9900 4g

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

this is the first time I've used a forum, so I appreciate the help. My BB is only a few months old, so I began to panic, but as you say - luck was with me!
Please use plain text.
bethskerrett
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

I have just returned my SECOND blackberry with the EXACT same issue.  It seems when the battery gets completly drained it just can't "re-boot" itself.   I travel internationally, and both times was out of the country for over 3 weeks without a phone!!!!  If it happens again, my company will dump blackberry and move to an Iphone base. It is not possible to run an international business with these unreliable devices.

I can't belive Blackberry can't fix this, or that my provider VERIZON is not admitting the issue when I return the phone to them.  Last time I was in, another person beside me had the EXACT same issue, and they were still saying "LIMITED PROBLEM". 

It doesn't seem so limited to me........

Please use plain text.
bethskerrett
My Device: Bold 9900

This was my Experience with two Bricked phones....they both worked fine until I was traveling, and both times the batteries were 100% depleated.

Third phone on the way, so I'll try to keep it charged at 50% all the time.............such a dumb way to manage such a critical business device!!!!

RIM had better do somehting very nice for all of us with multiple attempts to keep them in business

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer
My Device: 9930

[ Edited ]

I completely agree with the points bethskerrett made in her last two posts.  I also do a lot of international travel for business.  I was in Jordan when my 9930 failed and but for the lucky fact that I knew someone coming to Amman from the U.S., who was able to bring me a replacement phone, I would have been without a phone for about a month.

I'm now in Frankfurt, heading back to Jordan, and hope that my replacement phone doesn't fail.  As backup, I'm bringing an iPhone 4S -- which may well become my permanent phone if the problem with my BB  recurs.

As for it being a limited problem, I doubt that.  Just look at the number of postings on this forum about folks who have had this problem -- and my guess is that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
dimm0k
My Device: Bold 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

54 posts in this thread...  even if they were all unique user posts, that's a very small number compared to how many 9900/9930 devices are out there in use.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

techlawyer, yes we've read your story. All one has to do is read this thread.

Anyway, of the hundreds of thousands of 9900/9930 devices sold, the issue is actually limited. Wipespread, but still limited, as not everyone is having the issue.

And yes, you are seeing lots of posts here about this issue, for two primary reasons:

• People who are not having issues, aren't posting. No reason to even come around the forums.
  • Google search metrics have not made this forum issue and a few of the threads here top of the list for those googling the issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rombout
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: UTS

i do think their are actually hundreds of peeps which are not geeky/nerdy or blackberry nerds who simple just know how to turn it on and use the phone. When ever they have a prob they go to a store or some one who knows more

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
moiraelizabeth

I am hoping that the messages I have been receiving are not a bad omen.  I have only had my BB for a couple of months, but I like to think that the glass is half full.  I'll try to keep an open mind. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
moiraelizabeth

Ouch.  I hope I haven't unearthed a can of worms.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

moiraelizabeth wrote:

I am hoping that the messages I have been receiving are not a bad omen.  I have only had my BB for a couple of months, but I like to think that the glass is half full.  I'll try to keep an open mind. 

What messages?

Are you hearing these messages, or reading them where?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.