Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Canyon
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Follow-up to my post from Monday, Sprint confirmed my 9930 was indeed broken and ordered me a replacement, it came in the next day. Still getting it configured and all the apps/ring tones/etc., downloaded and configured. Hopefully this one will last more than two and a half months. Glad my screen protectors came in a pack of two, maybe they knew something...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbjam
My Device: 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

I've had to replace several 9930 brick's at my office in the last few weeks - greater than 20% of what we have deployed here. Frustrating to say the least, expecially when data is lost along with it.

Is a fix in sight? RIM is silent as usual.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rombout

RIM= Really Ignorant Managers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbjam

[ Edited ]

I though it's Routinely Interrupted Messaging.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer

In respose to bbjam's question about when a fix could be expected, I was told recently by Verizon Tech Support that RIM had advised them that it would be releasing a fix sometime this month.   

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I hope that's true, techlawyer, but quite honestly, a VZW tech support person will have no idea where/when the upgrade for this fix would be coming. It's just not in their 'realm', if that makes sense.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rombout

Yes and we've been hearing that s&^t since november!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmreardon
My Device: 9930 Bold

We have had three devices in five days do this... ridiculous besides very inconvenient for both my users and from a support standpoint...  grrrrrr

Please use plain text.
automex2010

I got my Bold 9930 on Oct 9 and on Dec 18 it did not wake up. You would only see the red light of death. 

Contacted BB and was on the phone for hours doing all the steps you can imagine and still the red eye of evil. They sent me a replacement and it happened again on Jan 4 2012. Just the red eye of evil looking at me!!! Got another replacement today!! I realy hope this is the last time this happens!!  Ironically my sister in law BB Bold 9930 died yesterday for the same reason!!! Her replacemnet on its way. 

But what is going on BB??!!! Four BB Bold 9930 going bad!!!!!!

Even if you replace them imagine being out of town in a business trip and the BB just dies!!!!

automex2010
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Abalourdos
My Device: Bold 9700

I was told not to let the battery go below 10% charged by the Verizon tech. This should avoid the meltdown in the future.
Please use plain text.