Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Solarbearusa
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Good article from zdnet.  Atleast someone is acknowledging the problem.  I am on my 3rd bold 9930.  I am in sales and my replacement bricked while traveling this week.  This is unbelievable.  The people at the verizon store just looked at me like deer in the headlights.  I so wish my company would get away from RIM and move to a much more stable player.  http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/blackberry-bug-continues-to-brick-handsets/17610

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer
My Device: 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Thanks for providing the cite to that article. I'm on my second 9930 and hoping that I don't have to move to a third!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jakecamp12
My Carrier: Verison Wireless

I sent Adrian the information this morning on the problems we are having and he wrote that about an hour later.  It is time that this becomes public in a larger way.  I am hoping some of the other technology web sites pick it up and run with it.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer

Thanks for taking the initiative in bringing this to his attention. Hopefully articles like this will increase the pressure on Rim to fix the problem.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jakecamp12
My Carrier: Verison Wireless

My guess is that it is not an easy fix or it could be a defective design.  Seem odd they have not put out a fix as all of the returned bricked phones must be costing them something...

Please use plain text.
salb
My Device: bold9900
My Carrier: orange

there is an issue with the blackberry ,my phone has done exactly the same last night 06.01.2012  Blackberry are replacing the phone this is a know fault .

Please use plain text.
LWW
Visitor
LWW

My 3 month old 9930 "bricked" a week ago. I only know the term brick because of what I've read on these forums and online after my BlackBerry wouldn't turn on after I let the battery go below 10% charge. I have been a loyal BlackBerry customer for 6 years. My first 2 were work issued and I've personally bought 4 since then. But this was the last staw for me. My new iPhone is being delivered this week. After reading these posts, I only hope that management at RIM and BlackBerry are aware of the depth of problems they have. I don't know of anyone who is switching to a BlackBerry now -- only switching away. I know I won't be back.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Chillie
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Bell

Yikes!, My husband and I both have 9000s on two different providers. Both have bricked today.

Have tried everything except reloading the OS. Charged for hours, wall charger, usb charger, battery pulls...For weeks my device has been super "laggy" (as my iphone carrying 14 year old would say), but did not brick until I let the battery go flat. Husband's phone has not been able to reboot without pulling the battery and using the wall charger for 3 days now.

Back to work tomorrow, loads of appointments. Two dead phones in the family. My son's iphone is going to need to save the day.

Hope to heck this is a bug with some kind of fix!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sidraman

I have gone through a complete process to the levels that my 9930 was with RIM for a few days, they tell me the Boot ROM on the device is broken and cannot be fixed. It needs to be replaced and thats the only way out. Since RIM has reported the problem to be 'limited' it essentially implies that a some 9930's have this as a manufacturing defect. Further since I am using a Verizon device here in India and it does not belong to this region as has not been launched here to repair it is impossible.....I have sent it back to seller hoping to get a replacement.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sidraman

just to add if do not get replacement I am for sure moving to Apple iphone who atleast own up to issues with their products....
Please use plain text.