Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
techlawyer
My Device: 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Because of my previous BB problems, I am now carrying an iPhone with me as a backup when I travel internationally -- which I do a fair amount for business. I have used it a bit just to experiment. I like it but still prefer the BB keyboard to the virtual keyboard on the iPhone. I hope that RIM gets this problem fixed soon. All things considered, I prefer staying with my BB.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

See my post from a few minutes ago:  "Bold 9930 -- Verizon Announces Software Update Coming Soon."  Hopefully it will address the problem discussed in this thread.

Please use plain text.
jamendoza
My Device: Blackberry 9930 VRW

Hi im in Venezuela and my 9930 bricked today.... Its a shame all BB 9930 phone are a pieces a junk, its a very usefull phone but mine doesnt work for three days at second day bricked.... What a scam....

Please use plain text.
9930_wielder

Anybody here from the Philippines? what do you do if you only bought you 9930 from facebook? my berry as a black screen, it wont turn on, and keeps on restarting. sometimes the Blackberry logo appears but in a few seconds it turns off and restarts. i tried reinstalling the OS but it gets stuck at reconnecting to JVM. can i still have it repaired?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

9930_wielder wrote:
Anybody here from the Philippines? what do you do if you only bought you 9930 from facebook?

Facebook sells BlackBerrys? Return it to them for a warranty exchange.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
voldange
My Device: Bold 9930

I found you guys this today because my Bold 9930 had the same thing happen to me this morning, after an overnight charge. I do think the battery was pretty depleted when I charged it. Going to the Verizon store today. It's so discouraging that this is a 2 month problem and no viable solution yet. TechLawyer - I couldn't see the article you mentioned re: Verizon software update?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jakecamp12

Blackberry just hired Goldman Sachs.  I would say they are looking to either sell the business or sell of parts of the business.  RIM has bungled the last few years and now people have moved on to Iphones or Android phones.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
voldange

Just back from Verizon - nothing to do but wait 3 days for a new phone.  "Known issue, warranty replacement".  Had to pay $6.99 for 2-day shipping.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer

Voldange -- sorry to hear about your problem.  I've been there.

Here's the link to the VZW announcement about the upcoming software upgrade for the 9930: 

http://search.verizonwireless.com/?market=24246&q=9930+software&p=null&ss=null&b2eFlag=N

Since posting that link a few days ago, I've received an icon from VZW on my 9930 notifying me that the upgrade is available over-the-air.  Also, my Desktop Manager is notifying me that I can use it to download the upgrade.  And I know from what I've read on this forum and others that some folks have done the upgrade.  Some seem to have been pleased while others have not -- and some have downgraded back to the old version of the OS.

i don't have any idea whether the upgrade is intended in part to prevent the kind of catastrophic failure that both you and I experienced.  And I haven't had the time to download the upgrade.

That's as much as I know.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Solarbearusa

Had my 3rd bb 9930 sent to me and bricked in only 2 weeks. I told my company to have verizon send me an older bold version just to make this madness end. They did send me a Bold 9650 without a problem. I hate to go backwards in technology but this is my company phone and I cannot afford for it to continue dying. I really liked the touchsreen on the 9930 but so far from what I can tell the 9650 is very similar without the touchscreen and hopefully no bricking issues.
Please use plain text.