Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
voldange
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Thanks TechLawyer - the brief on the release sounds promising, especially the part about no longer resetting when charging. My hope is that it's code for this bricking problem. SolarbearUSA - 3 Bold 9930's in 2 weeks!!! This has got to be more widespread than Verizon thinks it is. They told me yesterday that while it's a known issue, it's not pervasive - "It's not like we get one of these a day". Horrors. If anyone has applied the update can they report back here and let us know their experience?
New Contributor
shameonyou

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and cannot be Restored! This is becoming a nightmare!!!

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue with my BB Bold 9930, after charging the red light start flashing and no matter how many times I pulled the battery and replace it, still not responding.

I was reading that by loading the software OS 7.1 I may be able to restart it, but goes all the way to loading JVM and a window pups out and says that there is a problem with loading software TRY AGAIN, over and over.

PLEASE HELP!

New Contributor
bbjam
My Device: 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and cannot be Restored! This is becoming a nightmare!!!

Shameonyou, I had the same problem with 4 9930's over the course of a month. I've read that some people may have been able to get them working again with this problem by trying every permutation of reloading the OS, but I couldn't be bothered spending hours and hours on it, plus the employees wanted their phones back, so I ended up calling VZW after an hour of trying and getting warranty exchanges overnighted (an extra $12 I believe).

Contributor
voldange

Just got my replacement 9930 last night.  I haven't loaded the new OS 7.1.  Will try and do that tonight.  At this point I'm afraid to do it - who knows what defects are in that update, but I suppose it can't be worse than a current phone that can brick anytime.

I wish RIMM would just come out and say if this update fixes this issue.  The silence is another example of poor leadership over there.

New Contributor
Solarbearusa

The writing is on the wall....RIM is on the way out the door.  We've all seen in the news that they are trying to sell to an "asian mfg" .  You can always tell when a company is about to go bye-bye.  Employees aren't ignorant, they know it is coming and it presents as a complete apathy in customer service.   

Contributor
voldange

Upgraded to os 7.1. It didn't go so smoothly. After erasing everything, Error 507, could not connect to JVM. I just about freaked. Thought this was another bricked situation. But then I disconnected the Bold 9930, restarted my PC, pulled the battery then reconnected it. Blackberry Desktop software still could detect tyhe phone so it loaded the OS and then it worked fine from then on. Phew. Can't say yet whether this addrsses the problem discussed in this topic.
Regular Contributor
techlawyer

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your post. This information will be useful in the event that others encounter a similar problem during the upgrade. I'll be interested in learning how the upgraded OS works for you. Thanks again & good luck!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Solarbearusa wrote:

The writing is on the wall....RIM is on the way out the door.  We've all seen in the news that they are trying to sell to an "asian mfg" .  You can always tell when a company is about to go bye-bye.  Employees aren't ignorant, they know it is coming and it presents as a complete apathy in customer service.   

buahahahahaha, you read RUMORS of one blogger, namely Boy Genius, who is more often wrong in his rumors on BlackBerry, than right.

And remember, Apple too was failing in 1986-87. Great reports of it's impending demise abounded at the time.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Allan16978

I have this exact problem, I've gone through all the steps you mentioned but no help. What exactly did Verizon do for you?

Regular Contributor
techlawyer

Allan16978, not sure at whom your question is directed.  But to the extent you mean me -- my post started this thread a couple months back -- Verizon agreed to replace my 9930.  This was after it bricked and neither VZW or RIM techs could come up with a way of getting it to work.