Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
rombout
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

Perhaps we need to make use of social media!? Spread the word and let RIM feel how they let their customers feel. On social media we have a more bigger impact than here on this forum.
jmiguel999

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored -- Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

My phone died this morning. It won't turn on. The red LED on the front just blinks. It sucks

Contributor
rombout

welcome in the land of the dead :Beta1:

New Contributor
Sidraman
My Device: 9930

Why cant rim fix it!!! I am currently in India and I have a verizon 9930 which bricked yesterday morning. One of the threads advises to install .503 of 9900. I have done that and still dont see the screen going beyond the second stage of 'Wait for Device Initialization'. The same thread advices to install .540 for unbrciking 9900. I will install this 0.540 on 9930 and see what happens....
New Contributor
Sidraman

This is most annoying, I have done everything written in every thread but my 9930 is still dead. My bb is only 2 months old. If someone from RIM is reading these threads i promise you that I am moving from this bb services shortly

Sidraman wrote:
Why cant rim fix it!!! I am currently in India and I have a verizon 9930 which bricked yesterday morning. One of the threads advises to install .503 of 9900. I have done that and still dont see the screen going beyond the second stage of 'Wait for Device Initialization'. The same thread advices to install .540 for unbrciking 9900. I will install this 0.540 on 9930 and see what happens....

jmiguel999

My phone bricked after 3 weeks of use. Got a replacement today, we'll see how long it lasts. But RIM is clearly just decaying in quality and service. The minute Apple comes up with an effective messaging system similar to the BBM, game over.

New Contributor
anifitriah
My Carrier: Indosat

I don't think this is a limited problem,, :smileysad: i hv this problem too and never been resolve and the worst part my 9930 now cannot detect in any computer (totally dead) after i pluged into my laptop to connect to desktop manager (it die before my laptop recognizing :smileysad: ) and i saw a lot of people have the same problem with me with overcharged problem when charging the battery in the night time. I hope RIM seriously consider this problem and found a good solution for their loyal user otherwise people will leave it.. now i don't know what to do with my new 9930 we don't have service center in Indonesia to contact and the city where l stay (Batam) is very difficult to ship an electronic outside island.... :smileysad:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brand new bold 9930 brick
New Contributor
dmreardon
My Device: 9930 Bold

I have had this happen to three 9930's from Verizon in the last month.  RIM said that it's a software issue with Verizon because VZW adds their "special" software on top of what RIM does.  Very frustrating that I cannot fix it as I'm the BB Admin for 500 users and typically can fix any problems.  Can't believe that Verizon doesn't make this a TOP PRIORITY as my executives aren't patient when it comes to their BB being down.

Regular Contributor
techlawyer

The information you received from RIM is interesting -- but seems inconsistent with the information that RIM gave to CNBC about a month ago which discusses software problems with both the 9900 and the 9930,  .  That article, which you can find at http://www.cnbc.com/id/45362561, doesn't suggest that the problem with the 9900s and 9930s is limited to Verizon.  Moreover, the 9900 is not CDMA (which is the Verizon system) but is GSM and is carried by T-Mobile.

New Contributor
dmreardon
My Device: 9930 Bold

you are SO right...  when I talked to RIM thru my T-Support, they were quick to point to Verizon, even when I had three devices that have done the exact same thing.  And VZW is quick to turn their head as well...  very frustrating to support for sure.... grrrr