Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jeorjiegirl
My Device: Bold 9930

Blackberry Bold 9930 is Automatically & Randomly Deleting ALL Texts and Emails!

Since approximately June of 2012, my Blackberry Bold 9930 has been deleting texts and emails automatically/randomly despite being set to keep them "FOREVER".  I've visited my local Verizon Store several times regarding this matter, and have had the device replaced twice since this problem began.  Each time I explain the issue to the tech manager, they tell me that they've never encountered this situation.  After examining my device and its settings, they've attributed it to the device itself and have sent me a new one.  Most recently, I was instructed NOT TO back up my device using my home computer/laptop, but rather the "back-up" application the tech person downloaded to my device.  This was to make sure that the issue wasn't being caused by my computer.  Everything seemed to be okay until today (Dec. 30th), about 4 weeks from activating the most recent replacement device on Dec. 1st, when ALL TEXTS & EMAILS were deleted prior to Dec. 18th, 2012.  At this point, it would seem that the cause of this problem can only be attributed to a corruption of my Verizon account or a problem with the "memory card" that has been transferred from device to device.  However, when I inquired as to the possibility of the "memory card" being the problem, the Verizon techs informed me that this couldn't be the case.  Again, as this is my THIRD Blackberry Bold 9930 since purchasing the first one in June of 2012, and (as instructed by Verizon) I didn't back this one up to my computer, I'm at a loss as to what the problem is and to its solution.  Unfortunately I've lost many very important professional and personal documents and information, and might be forced to consider leaving Blackberry for another brand of smartphone.  Your assistance in this frustrating matter would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 is Automatically & Randomly Deleting ALL Texts and Emails!

It sounds to me like everything the Verizon "reps" have told you is incorrect with exception of the part about the media card not being the problem. That part is true. Everything else is completely wrong.

First, when texts and emails are deleted is usually because the free application memory has been run down to zero.

You ABSOLUTELY SHOULD backup your device using your PC and Desktop Manager, too. Anyone telling you otherwise is a fool.

Take a look in Options >type "storage" in the search bar and click on storage. What is the amount of free "application memory"?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
jfv1103
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Blackberry Bold 9930 is Automatically & Randomly Deleting ALL Texts and Emails!

Hello,  I have experienced the same issue with two AOL accounts and two Google-hosted IMAP accounts that are on my 9930 through Sprint [obtained June 2012].  It has been set to keep emails forever.  It did NOT happen to GMAIL accounts on the device.

• On December 10, 2012 I saw that I only had [AOL & Google hosted IMAP] emails from December 8, 9 and 10.
  • On Dec. 11th I only had them from Dec. 9th.  Sprint and BB support walked me through hard resets and deleting and re-installing email accounts.
  • On January 12, 2013, I only had emails from January 9th.  BB Support had me delete all messages and service books today.

I was coping with it after the first incident, but can't deal with it if it is going to happen every month.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Please use plain text.