Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Bold Charging Problem in Power Station

My Blackberry 9000 does not charge when connected to a power station.   When I seat it in the power station, the display changes to the clock.   When I manually check the display and I see the battery indicator showing that it is charging.  But when I leave it overnight, the unit does not charge.

I have a second Blackberry Bold and a second power station and I cannot get any combination to work.  Both bolds will charge in a charging pod so I know the contacts on the Bold are working and the power outlet is also working. 

Please help.

Peter

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blackberry Bold Charging Problem in Power Station

Probably your devices battery is causing the issue. Change the battery of your  BOLD to the another one and observe the behavior.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Why then will the same battery charge normally in battery compartment of the charging station and also when using a charging pod?  It also charges normally when the adapter is connected directly to the Bold.

New Contributor

This problem turned out to have a simple solution. 

I needed to use a volt meter to diagnose the problem.  The connection between the cradle and the stand on the power station was open and read a potential difference of 0 Volts DC.  I had to reseat the cradle several times until my volt meter read a potential difference of 5 volts. 

When a 5 Volt difference was observed, the charger worked normally.