Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ioanni
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Bold Data not working BES/Rogers

Good news, Turns out that it was a network issue with Rogers that caused the problem, that was inherently linked to my account.   THe device was not at fault.  If you want to refer to my trouble ticket with Rogers, send me a reply with your email, and  I will give you my mobile phone number so that tech support can refer to the solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mskelbel73

I'm having the same problem with T-mobile. I have BIS and have been trying all day to connect to internet without WI-FI. mskelbel73@tmo.blackberry.net Thank you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ioanni

Try putting your SIM card in another T Mobile or unlocked phone and if it lower case edge shows, you have no data and use that as evidence to T Mobile that they need to look at their network settings for your account.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mskelbel73

I did that already. My pearl worked again and the EDGE was always upper case. I called RIM with my case # again and we discovered that my default browser is only hotspot and no internet browser is an option on my phone. T-mobile isn't sending the service book for it because it doesn't "have" the bold yet. RIM is working to get tmobile to push the service book for the internet browser to my phone. I should here something within the hour. Hopefully sooner than later, because I have to get up for work in 6 and a half hours. At least tomorrow is Friday.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peddada

Hey, my email is peddada@gmail.com.

Lookin forward to your email. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mskelbel73

As it turns out, T-mobile doesn't have a browser for the Bold yet. And there is no way to push a service book that doesn't exsist. I had to do a walkaround and I am using opera mini for a browser. I also had to change a few settings in my advanced options. This is a temporary fix until T-mobile sets up its suppor for the bold. I got a nice 4 hours of sleep :smileyvery-happy: and now I get to go build airplanes. I don't think I'll have too much trouble staying awake. Everyone at work will be wanting to check out my new phone.
Please use plain text.
spare

I am having the same problem as well and it would be very helpful to know what the resolution was. I mentioned this thread to the Tier 2 tech at Rogers and he is interested as well. I have sent you a pm.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ioanni

My Tier 2 tech support guy was Tony Santiago at Rogers, send me your email address and PIN to tentomas@yahoo.ca and I will forward it to him.
Please use plain text.
DrSUD

hello i just picked up an unlocled rogers BOLD and realized that it is stuck to HOTSPOT browser. What version of opera are you using on the bold and ehat advanced setting have you changed. Can you please help this is a deal breaker for me if i cannot use this phone on the tmobile network on the edge at least. Everything else works perfect just cannot change that hotspot thing because of service book issue is what they tell me.

thanks a million

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peddada

Its in browser options somewhere. You can change it.
Please use plain text.