Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

janeanderson
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Bold - Images fitting to one screen

[ Edited ]

I am trying to send out an image that fits to one screen width, but scrolls vertically. 

I have changed the image size (to 480 x 640) as per the specs listed on the blackberry support site (as below).  The image continues to have white space on either side and is difficult to view.

When processing images for display on the handheld, the following techniques apply:

• Horizontal scaling: Images that exceed the screen dimensions are scaled to be no wider than the screen content area. To maintain the aspect ratio, images are scaled by the same factor in both the horizontal and vertical dimensions. The screen content area is the screen width minus 5 pixels. The vertical scroll bar that displays at the right is 5 pixels wide.

• Vertical scaling: Images that are more than twice the screen height are scaled to twice the screen height. To maintain the aspect ratio, images are scaled by the same factor in the horizontal and vertical dimensions. Users roll the trackwheel to scroll vertically.

Are there any changes that can be made to resolution settings on the device or changes that can be made to the image that will allow it to fit into one screen width?

Many Thanks

Message Edited by janeanderson on 11-06-2008 11:25 AM
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Blackberry Bold - Images fitting to one screen

Try add the picture with the Blackberry Desktop Manager and Media manager, when you add the picture the program ask if you want optimize the picture for use in the device, click yes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.