Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
dr-vn
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Bold Rogers Wifi help needed

Ok. I got a Blackberry Bold, currently with ROGERS but NO data plan.

Couple questions--

1) If i am to use wifi with no data plan, do i just go under Options > Advanced options > Browser and select Hotspot Browser ? If it was initially on ROGERS MALL and I previously connected, does that mean they have already charged me?

Under hotspot browser, does it mean I'm using WIFI?

2) I was at a coffee shop and they had this wifi connection with something called BELL. So I connected and top middle of the screen says ROGERS- BELLnetwork..does that look right? If I click on the Browser, am I using WIFI or am I using the ROGERS network if my options was configured under the ROGERS MALL? and what if it was configured under HOTSPOT?

3) Key question right now is i have no idea when I am actually using WIFI or whether i'm surfing on the ROGERS network with them charging me..

4) Do i have to download a specific WIFI browswer? Or which of the following do i surf with--> Browswer, or DO MORE?

Thanks for your help!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Blackberry Bold Rogers Wifi help needed

In few words i answer all the questions.

If you dont have any data plan with Rogers, you can't browse on the Bold using Rogers network.

You wrote you don't have data plan, so , surf all you want, because if you are surfing the web, you are using Wifi browser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dr-vn
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I do not think the above would be true as I have managed to connect to the ROGERS MALL while not setting up wifi, which means... Rogers would mean charging mean as I go, no?

Also, how do I differentiate when I am on WIFI or using my provider (ROGERS) network?

Am i able to cancel my internet access to ROGERS, thus, meaning whenever I am connected, it would mean i am on wifi and not being charged by ROGERS simultaneously?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

Believe me , with only your sim card without dataplan you CAN'T surf on the web.

If you are connected over Wifi, you can see the name of the Wifi service next to the name Rogers, in others words if your Wifi in your home is called Home, you can read ROGERS - HOME on the screenjust top of the clock

I SUPPOSE YOU WAS CONNECTED TO A WIFI CALLED MALL, SO, YOU CAN READ ROGERS - MALL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

You can solve the problem?
Please use plain text.