Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
BBold
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Bold and Tmobile Service

I am using Blackberry Bold on T-Mobile service.  I have BES data package which includes BIS.  My BES enterprise email, Browser, Syncronization with Exchange server, contacts, calendar everything works.

Except... my BIS email setup.  I have tried logging from BB device to create email. Setup use email wizard, select "I want to create or add an email address" I get error - We apologize there was an error trying to access the service.

I have also tried logging into my T-Mobile account and click on web link: setup blackberry internet email; to create (username@tmo.blackberry.net) everytime I click on the link to create blackberry email within from my T-Mobile account it gives me an error: We apologize, there was an error trying to access the service.

I have called T-Mobile numerous times and the lame excuse they use is: this device is not supported. I told them T-Mobile uses Blackberry flip phone 8220 with uses the same operating system 4.6, BB Javalin, and BB 8900 use same service books.  When I call Blackberry technical support.. they pass on the buck to T-Mobile.

Is anyone out there using BB Bold with T-Mobile service with BES/BIS and both their corporate and personal internet email: works on the BB Bold.  Any insights, thoughts, suggestions and help will be highly appreciated. 

Hope someone will be able to resolve this!

Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Blackberry Bold and Tmobile Service

This is my experience

I have a Blackberry Bold, and i have working BIS on the Device, how?

check this link http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&message.id=5189&query.id=268505#...

The problem is you are under BES too, so in my opinion, you need first setup the BIS and after proceed with the BES.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Simply creating a BIS account for the device should not be a problem. At that point in the process from the PC login, the Tmobile BIS has no clue what device you are about to add to the account.

I think there has been some downtime on the BIS servers today, because you are the second person I have read on this forum getting that error in setting up a BIS account.

For now, I would simply suggest you wait a few hours and try back. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

Check waht JSanders post first, wait a couple hours and check again, if not you have my option, but check in a couple hours, is perfect if you don't need to reload the software in your phone.

Great JSanders, i don't read nothing about the delay on Tmobile, thanks to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor
BBold

But this same issue with me is going on since Jan 5th 2009.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

So, go to the steps posted, ask if you need more help.
New Contributor
BBold

Thank you JSanders and Urumilton for helping.  The case is now resolved. 

This is what I did.  I took a working T-Mobile 8220 from my friend, inserted my sim card, Logged onto T-Mobile and changed the PIN and IMEI numbers. Setup Blackberry Internet email.  Then, switched back the SIM card to my phone Blackberry Bold logged on to Tmo account and changed PIN and IMEI numbers.  Now everything including blackberry internet email and BES enterprise email works fine.

One last question.... username@tmo.blackberry.net what is the reason for creating this email?  Since you can directly add your existing email accounts for gmail, yahoo, or comcast etc.  Why should one create this email? username@tmo.blackberry.net

Appreciate all your responses

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BBold wrote:

Thank you JSanders and Urumilton for helping.  The case is now resolved. 

This is what I did.  I took a working T-Mobile 8220 from my friend, inserted my sim card, Logged onto T-Mobile and changed the PIN and IMEI numbers. Setup Blackberry Internet email.  Then, switched back the SIM card to my phone Blackberry Bold logged on to Tmo account and changed PIN and IMEI numbers.  Now everything including blackberry internet email and BES enterprise email works fine.

One last question.... username@tmo.blackberry.net what is the reason for creating this email?  Since you can directly add your existing email accounts for gmail, yahoo, or comcast etc.  Why should one create this email? username@tmo.blackberry.net

Appreciate all your responses

You are welcome... glad it is working for you.

There really is not reason to get one of those @carrier.blackberry.net address. They are not viewable on any webmail sites and are prone to collect spam, with no spam filtering options available. I advise users not to use it.

Why though, do some? Because they can. Some users employ those addresses to forward mail to from a POP account as those addresses do get instant push by the RIM servers.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code