Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

cpieper
My Device: BB Bold 9900

Blackberry Bold locked, need help

Hello,

i really don't know what to do.

my problem: a colleague got a brand new mobile (BB Bold 9900) with a new sim card. in the beginning everything worked fine for the first hours. suddenly she couldn't make calls anymore. when you push the call button the phonebook appears as usual and when you choose an entry and push the call button again nothing happens (normally it should start the call). when you try to call the number through typing it manually and push the call button the device sais: "the device is blocked. only emergency calls are possible". it shows me full signal strength and my provider on the home screen and i already called our provider and they told me that with the SIM card everything is fine.

what i did then: i tried another sim card in this device-> same problem, i then tried the opposite, the original sim card with another device-> worked. so it must have to do something with the device. i called my provider and told them the problem. they sent me a new device. i put the sim inside the new device and everything worked again.... in the beginning... after some hours the same problem occured with the new device as well.... i even changed the device twice... same problem with the bold devices and the sim card after a while.

i even factory-resetted the blocked device without any result as it was still blocked after the reset. I couldn't find anything similiar to my problem in the internet.

it's only the calls which doesn't work... sending messages works and also the internet still works on the phone with the bb enterprise service for the configured mail account as well.

can anyone help me with this problem or at least has a hint?

thanks in advance,

christian

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry Bold locked, need help

So, you're on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server for your email? This sounds like an issue with your account on the BES. You'll need to contact your IT department to find out why this IT Policy is pushing to your phone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I think it's got to be SIM issue. I know, it worked in another device. Get a free SIM card swap from SwissCom.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If this person is on a BES, as you say, then my guess is the device works normally until the device is activated on the BES. Once that happens the IT policy blocking phone use is sent to the device during activation. After that phone calls cannot be made. If you factory reset the device, calls should be able to be made but will be blocked again once you re-activate on the BES.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I missed the part about being on a BES.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code