Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Bold no maps

I also notice that on the Orange website it states that this phone supports video calling !
New Contributor

Keep a copy on your PC and paste the URL here...this stuff has a habit of, erm, disappearing...
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

[ Edited ]

There must be an Orange insider in our midst as the page about iphone alternatives does not say anything about BB Maps now or video calling.

Crafty **Bleep**

Kirk

Message Edited by Andy on 09-04-2008 07:44 AM
Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD
Contributor

I think if it gets that stage, the powers that be will be able to get Orange to cough up any advertisements they've posted.

The fact they are amended them is a sign they know they've screwed up...

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

No surprises there then. Besides creating misleading advertising and not listening to valid complaints from customers, what else is there to do all day?

They've probably just shot themselves in the foot though - this shows the initial advertising was misleading AND that they have no intention of correcting the situation to our satisfaction.

I have a copy on my hard drive that is well beyond their reach. The ASA probably has it as well. If not, I'll email them my copy.

As soon as Orange go on record and admit they have no intention of enabling BB maps on the Bold, which they'll have to soon once we're past early adopters, I'm going to cancel my contract and challenge them to sue me.

The future's bright...

Message Edited by moyesboy on 09-04-2008 05:25 AM
Contributor

Have just been into my local Orange retailer and they still haven't had any communication from Orange to say BB maps isn't available on their handsets.  They're still selling the handsets under the premise that maps is a working application.

If it comes to it, hopefully he will be happy to put something in writing.  If not, he certainly can't deny it, I've been in there 3 times since Sunday!!!!

New Contributor

Contributor

The video calling is also advertised in the free Orange in store brochure.  I haven't tried that yet, but am assuming this is another feature Orange have taken off?? 
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

I don't think Orange have disabled video-calling, it's not a feature of any Bold, Orange or not.

All the video calling phones I have seen have a second camera near the screen to record you on. Bold doesn't have this. And calling isn't listed in the Bold specs on theBlackberry website, only recording.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

OK, here you go.

I found this on another forum, I haven't tried it myself yet.

Get BB Maps on Bold

Also, what appealed to me being on Orange UK is what a user called tazberry posts about midway down the second page, that Orange are changing their sim services to allow BB Maps.

I might give it a go and post back.

Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD