Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Crunch
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 4.6.0.201

Blackberry Bold owners, how do you like your new BB?

Hey everyone...

I'd like to know how all of you lucky Bold owners, mostly Rogers customers I suppose, like your device?

From all the pictures I've seen, it appears that the screen is a bit small, and the body where the keyboard is located seems big.

Are there any Bold owners who have a direct comparison between it and the Blackberry Curve??

Thanks all...:smileyhappy:

Blackberry Bold 9000 4.6.0.201 | Treo Pro | Blackberry Storm 9500 (GSM version; soon!) | Cisco Linksys WRT610N 802.11n router | Slingbox PRO HD | Atheros 5008 XPAN wireless N | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth
Developer
javec
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Bold owners, how do you like your new BB?

I had a Curve before I got the Bold.

The Curve is definitely a bit smaller and lighter then the Bold. I wouldnt say the screen is smaller. The screen has a 480 * 320 resolution. That is extremly good! Every picture you view is so sharp!

The keyboard is awesome, easy to type on.

I am glad that I made the change from the curve to the bold! 

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

This thing rocks! Bold is best bb ever...curve was great but useless for surfing...bold screen has same # pixels as iphone in smaller size = ultra hi resolution...stunning images and video...keyboard is great
Developer
javec

...and not to mention the fantastic 3G speed when browsing in the net! Awesome device!  
If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

Re: Re: Blackberry Bold owners, how do you like your new BB?

...And seamless automatic switching between WiFi and 3G...
New Contributor
gspacedboy

The Bold is So Hot Right Now!!!
Contributor
jma78b
My Device: Blackberry 9000 Bold

I like the Wifi when at home. Super fast! 3g is currently crap! Love the screen and the pictures quality. Although its only 2.5 megapixels its looks really good. Also like to have video on my phone so to be able to record is great. Haven't downloaded any though so if any one has recommedations where I can go for them, please let me know. The music quality on the phone is good as are the stereo headphones that come with it. The ability to use your fave headphones because of the 3.5mm socket is fab".

Everything is fine as its a gorgeous phone. If only it would work in the office then I would be a happy bunny!

New Contributor
Crunch
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000 4.6.0.201

[ Edited ]

Wow...That's awesome. Yes, I am a screen and resolution junkie. I have the iPhone 3G besides my Curve, and it also has the 480x320 screen res. But it's more of a toy than a real business device. I'd love the iPhone 3G if it ran Windows Mobile. lol...A device like that is already in the works with some of the iPhone features copied in the upcoming Windows Mobile 7. It will be 2009, though. 

Someone mentioned it had a 2.5MP camera!??? I thought it was 2.0MP?

Also, how do you guys like OS 4.6 vs. 4.5? It's funny how RIM can't seem to release 4.5, when 4.6 is ready and rolling on the Bold. My current beta 4.5.0.69 works great, though.

I'm currently in Germany, and I'm so tempted to getit through Vodafone on September 12. AT&T will October 2, but there are plenty of rumors that it may also drop on the 12th of this month.

Thanks for all the input everyone! I hope to hear more on the aforementioned questions. I love the Blackberry crowd. :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Crunch on 09-02-2008 07:58 PM
Blackberry Bold 9000 4.6.0.201 | Treo Pro | Blackberry Storm 9500 (GSM version; soon!) | Cisco Linksys WRT610N 802.11n router | Slingbox PRO HD | Atheros 5008 XPAN wireless N | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth