Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
amandag3
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Blackberry Bridge to playbook won't connect to internet.

Hi. I'm new so please forgive me if I am posting this question in the wrong plave but I'm hoping someone can help me.

After doing the update of blackberry bridge to the version 2.0.0.30 I'm having issues connecting to the internet via my playbook when connected. I never used to have this problem before but after I did the update of the blackberry bridge on my bold 9700 I can't go onto any web pages. The blackberry playbook OS is version: 2.0.0.7971. Can someone please help me with this? Also, does anyone have problems to bluetooth from your phone to the playbook? Mine just doesn't want to work.

Thank You in advance.
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Bridge to playbook won't connect to internet.

Hello amandag3 and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone and the BlackBerry® Bridge™.

Are you able to access your other Bridged applications (such as Contacts, BBM™, Memos etc)? 

If you were to go to your BlackBerry® Browser and enter the link, does your smartphone pull up the page? 

As for the Bluetooth® question, currently is it not supported to transfer files between the smartphone and the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet.

Hope this answers your question.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
amandag3

Thank you for your response. I am able to access all the other applications. I am able to chat via bbm as well via the playbook. I just can't go on the internet. When I try then it says, "Failure when receiving data from the peer". I'm not sure what else to try. Any advice?
Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Are you using BlackBerry® Enterprise Server?

If you turn off the Bridge and use Wi-Fi only, do you get this same error message when you go to the browser?

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
amandag3

I use BIS ( Blackberry Internet Service) and when I use wifi without bridge it works. It normally used to work when I just connect the two but now since the bridge update that's the only problem I have. I've tried deleting the bridge software from my phone and re-installed it again, I also removed myself from the playbook and pared the two again. Still no luck.
New Contributor
piperkeltie
My Device: blackberry playbook

so was there a fix?  please

mine is now doing the same - nothing was changed on my playbook or phone.

now i get the message same as you.

i just uploaded the "new" bridge on my phone but it didn't fix anything,.

New Contributor
amandag3

Hi Piperkeltie

I got a response back from bridge support and apparently I downloaded the wrong version which was really impossible because version 2.0.0.30 was the only new update available at the time. They also said that I should delete the bridge app from my phone then download it again (which was also what I did a few times) anyways... I did that, updated to the new bridge version, I also removed the bridge settings from my playbook, rebooted the playbook as well as my phone and it worked! This only after I updated to the new version 2.0.0.33. Funny part is, this new version only came out AFTER my problem but they insisted I got the wrong version :? Duh! So maybe... Try deleting the app, reboot your phone. Remove your phone bridge settings from the playbook then reboot it. When that is done, download the app again, load the settings back on to your playbook after its been rebooted then check if it works. This was basically all I did and it worked.