Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
khalandar
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Browser not asking for authentication, taking some default credentials and failed to connect

Hi I am using Blackberry 9790 for testing my application.

In a Browser if I enter a specific url( which is not exposable and need to authenticate) It is saying that

"401 - Unauthorized : Access is denied" If I enter same url in android phone it is asking for authentication.

Please somebody help me why its not asking in the BB phone/simulator, do I need to set some settings?

and is it taking some default settings?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Browser not asking for authentication, taking some default credentials and failed to connect

Hello khalandar

Please read this Knowledge base related to the error you're getting :

KB10971 : "Error 401: Unauthorized Access" appears when an attempt is made to browse to a secure website

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khalandar

Re: Blackberry Browser not asking for authentication, taking some default credentials and failed to connect

Hi Thankyou for sharing KB, 

I am getting the same response(401: Unauthorized Access) trying with BIS, not with BES.

it leads many doubts for me

is BIS not handling the 'http Authentication' ?  if not can't we open secure authenticated url in Blackberry phone?

can we handle that locally in the device?

Please help me to understand this.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there ,

So you're a BIS user , but you said you're using it for some application tests ,  Are you getting the same error message for most url you try to visit or it appear with specific websites ?

Can you try those steps :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Try it and let us know in detail about your progress or any error messages if you recieve .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khalandar

Hi Prince,

I did both the steps and still I am getting the same response(401 - Unauthorized Access is denied due to invalid credentials) when I am trying to connect the authenticated url.

Please use plain text.