Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
peterseattle
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Desktop Software for the Mac

I am trying to download Blackberry Desktop Software for the Mac.  When I click Download it asks me if  want to save the file.  When i click yes, the download box appears and shows the download taking place.  At the end of the download, nothing happens.  The download box just sits on my screen and no further prompts occur.  There is no sign of any Blackberry file in the Applications folder on my MacBook pro.  The Blackberry website screen for downloads doesn't change.

My sense is that I somehow need to "install" the downloaded file, but am at a loss to know how to do this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software for the Mac

[ Edited ]

Assuming you're using Safari, the default location for downloaded files is the Downloads folder. You should find the downloaded installer there. If not, check to see where you are downloading the file to and look in that folder. The file you are looking for should be named "BlackBerry Desktop Software.dmg". Double-click this to mount the disk image, and then launch the installer.

You actually have to run the installer to install the Desktop Software on the Mac, it's not just an app you drag to your Applications folder.

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Contributor
peterseattle
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software for the Mac

Thanks, Swotam, you explained it well.
Please use plain text.