Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Desktop Software.

Good afternoon,

A bit of a query if I may?

Today I connected my BB 9900 to my computer which automatically connected with BB Desktop Software. On checking Deice and then update it showed that there were no software updates available however, if I select in the bottom left 'view other versions' it shows my installed software and the option to downgraded to other versions. At the bottom of this page is a box showing details and the following message, 

'An update of BlackBerry® Device Software version 7.1 is available. This update includes optimizations and enhancements approved by your wireless service provider. Note: If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, contact your administrator for more information about updating.'

I selected this to update which resulted in the download being completed but the requirement to reinstall all my e-mail addresses and set up all my apps etc. All other data appears to have been saved but on reconnecting the phone again this afternoon and selecting the above I get the same message as shown above. The standard software check shows up to date, I am somewhat reluctant to select install again and then have to repeat installing all my e-mail addresses etc again, any advice please? 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software.

Hi Londonpride,

If still it shows update available then some how your device not updated properly during last exercise you have done.

Hope your SIM is properly provisioned with BlackBerry Data Plan and your system is connected with Internet. Please take proper Backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Manager & follow below steps

Connect your device with PC & on your PC go to below location

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

At this location double click on a file named loader.exe and one small window will open and further follow user friendly steps, in between it will prompt you to take backup as well, please be careful during the process.

This process will upgrade your handheld properly but you have to

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software.

Thank you for your input, some how it seems to have sorted itself out! Thank you. Regards.