Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
maliknd
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Email works for one account, not for other

Yesterday I Deleted Prior emails in both accounts.  This morning had an App Error 523 message - did a Hard Reset.  This morning, I am receiving emails from only one account even though I had new messages on my computer for both accounts.  Sent test emails to both accounts.  No new messages (in the one account) have been picked up by the Bold since the Delete Prior Emails action.  Please Advise - Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Email works for one account, not for other

1. Login to you BIS site for your carrier. Carrier BIS login sites are listed here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/setup.jsp#tab_tab_email

2. Click on the Send Service Books, and you may want to reboot the device:

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
maliknd

When I try to use my computer's web browser to log into BIS, I get a message stating I have used the wrong name/ password.

When I try to create a new account with my PIN and IMEI, I get a message that an account already exists for this device.

When I request the password be sent to my device, I get a message on the device stating "User name and password don't exist.  Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service."

When I use Email Setup to access my email accounts, I frequently (this morning) get a message on the device stating that there is a server error.

So, I have not been able to Send Service Books.  

I have rebooted the device as advised.

I have finally been able to delete and then re-add the email address that has not been working (inspite of multiple server error messages).  I think the email is working fine, now (both mailboxes).  

How do I set up my BIS account so I can Send Service Books as needed in the future?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

On your device, also try Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

Do you get a Registration message in your messages folder?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
maliknd

I solved my problem by deleting both email accounts and then using email set-up to re-establish properly.  This worked fine.
Please use plain text.