Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
redroseg22
My Device: Blackberry Bold - 9790

Blackberry ID account

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir,

Device : Blackberry Bold

Model No.9790

Pin : *

I am a blackberry user, my problem is that when i do try to insert new sim card or want to install blackberry application then my Blackberry device ask User name and password. user name shows * but i don't know password of this email ID even i didn't set up any email account against this user name. When i try to reset password then authority said a reset link sent to your email but i don't know where this email going and from where this link have to open. In the meantime i met with my service provider but they failed to solve the issue. please assist me in this regards.

B/rgds

islam

*Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry ID account

Hello redroseg22

Welcome to Support Forums

Thanks to our Moderators that they have edited your post, please don't post your personal information on any open forums.

Regarding your issue before editing  that you are using a host email for your BlackBerry ID, the drawback of using a host email is that they deliver the reset password to the device which you cannot access, we should always use an email address which we can access through desktop like gmail, yahoo etc  .Meanwhile please check this Knowledge Base and see if you are able to reset your password :

KB28111 :Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address.

I fear if it fails you may have to create a new BlackBerry ID , so do a BACKUP of your device if unable to reset your BlackBerry ID then follow this Knowledge Base :

KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
redroseg22
My Device: Blackberry Bold - 9790

Thanks for below but i didnt find any soluation by following below mentioned guidlines.

Pls assist.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

redroseg22 wrote:

Thanks for below but i didnt find any soluation by following below mentioned guidlines.

Pls assist.

Hi redroseg22

Sorry but I already provided a solution .

If you are using a host email as your BlackBerry ID then those reset password are delivered to your device which you have no access. As your Service Provider is unable to assist you in this regard ,you have only one option left i;e follow the  # 2Knowledge base  suggested above. It means you have to create a new BlackBerry ID that you can use on your device.

But before that do a backup of your device because you have to wipe your device in order to use a new Blackberry ID on your device  Also when creating a new BlackBerry ID please note always use an email account that you can access from your PC browse , you can use a Gmail or Yahoo account for your BlackBerry ID.For further help refer to this KB :

KB24062  :  How to Create a BlackBerry ID

To perform a security wipe, please see KB14058.

After you perform a wipe function it will as like new device and will allow you to add your new BlackBerry ID,Please try it and let us know of your progress or if you face any problem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.