Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID issue on New Bold.

I have switched to a BB BOLD 9900, can't remember the password for my ID and have no idea what the answer is to the security question. My device said go online and I can reset the password with out having to remember the security question. I can't do it, it wants the security question. Now it has locked me out twice. Please help!!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: RIM Z10
My Carrier: PLUS (Poland)

Re: Blackberry ID issue on New Bold.

Try use this site:

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword

Official KB is here:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB26361&sliceId=2&cm...

This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

davcolpitts wrote:

I have switched to a BB BOLD 9900, can't remember the password for my ID and have no idea what the answer is to the security question. My device said go online and I can reset the password with out having to remember the security question. I can't do it, it wants the security question. Now it has locked me out twice. Please help!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Both these links are NO help. I have already tried these things. As I said I do not remember the security question - answer so I can't go that route. Wha t I am looking for is to get my password reset by another form. possibly through email.

New Contributor

All of these answers have to use the password recovery question. DON'T KNOW IT!!!!! Need to reset password without having to use the password recovery question.  HELP!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

No need to yell. And, if you would just more carefully re-read the link I gave you above, you will indeed find instructions pertinent to your situation.There is a section specific to a recovery method that does not require the answer to the security question, but it does not work if a specific circumstance exists...but it is fully discussed in that post.

You've not given any details, so we can only guess, but ALL methods available are there. For example, that post I linked for you discusses the action of validating your BB ID account...if you never did that, then indeed yes the methods designed to allow you to reset your password without answering the security question will not work, and you are left with the two choices in the 2nd half of what that post discusses. All of that is fully discussed in that post...

So, I would contend that your answer actually is in there...you just haven't read it carefully enough to discover it. But, again, since you provide so little detail in response to the tremendous detail provided to you, all we can do is guess. More detail from you would of course result in better guessing from us.

davcolpitts wrote:

All of these answers have to use the password recovery question.

Not true...and this then validates to me that you've not fully read what was provided. For, in what was provided, there was a "human intervention" method...which would involve separate authentication between you and another human. Apparently, you did not read that part of the information provided.

Good luck.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Sorry for Yelling! Just getting very frustrated. I have gone to the KB26361 and followed the process it says. BB Always wants a password recovery question answered. I'm not sure what it means the Blackberry ID not confirmed. How can it not be confirmed when it was being used on the old BB.

What information do you meed to us help.

Hall of Famer II

Thank you for clarifying...

davcolpitts wrote:

I have gone to the KB26361 and followed the process it says. BB Always wants a password recovery question answered.

Well, you have used, in relation to this KB, the word "process", which is the singular form of that word. However, that particular KB contains more than one process, so I cannot tell for sure if you continued through it to the method specific to not having to provide the answer to the security question, with the "Note" it contains concerning that the lack of having already (sometime in the past) confirmed the BB ID...and, if not, then indeed the Security Question cannot be bypassed.

Please clarify if you indeed found and attempted that specific section within that KB.

davcolpitts wrote:

I'm not sure what it means the Blackberry ID not confirmed. How can it not be confirmed when it was being used on the old BB.

When you create a BBID account, you receive an email, with a link you must click to confirm your account (so as to validate, for the system, that you can actually be reached on that email address). But, if you ignore that confirmation request, you are not stopped from using your BBID for various purposes...but this purpose (to automatically recover access to your BBID) is indeed blocked unless you know the answer to the Security Question that you originally created (as part of identity validation, to make sure that you are who you say you are).

Since you can't now log into your BBID from any location (e.g., PC/browser), you can't now check the confirmation status of your BBID. Until you resolve access to your BBID, you can do nothing with it now. BBID, like all BB things, is very secure...but the human component remains critical to that security. When the human component fails, there is only so much that the automated recovery processes can do to help...and you seem to be in a situation that surpasses what those automated recovery processes can do.

davcolpitts wrote:

What information do you meed to us help.

Me? I can do nothing. Refer:

But, the method to attempt to obtain human intervention is fully described already in that very post to which I linked for you in post 3 above.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank You for your help, and your patience.
Hall of Famer II

You are most welcome...and good luck! Do please report back with your results...as many times as I've given that "human intervention" recommendation, I have yet for anyone to come back and report success or failure...so it would be quite nice indeed to hear how that works out.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates