Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
hapimom
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry ID issues, email registered no longer active

I 'reset' my blackberry id password and a new one was sent to the email address that is linked to my bb id... except--- the address is no longer active (the company I am employed by disabled it and didn't tell anyone! real smart, right?) I just want to change the email address and password, so I don't lose all my contacts and have to go through a complete swipe!  ARGH!  This is so frustrating!!!  Help?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry ID issues, email registered no longer active

Hi there,

I see you're on Rogers, so I would recommend calling Rogers. They may be able to help you directly through their internal tools, or they have the ability to escalate your call directly to RIM to help you get this resolved.

I hope that info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hapimom

prefer not to go via Rogers.  They don't seem to know anything.  

If I back up my contacts (including bbm) how to I do a swipte and reload contacts without my bb id?  email is easy to set up.  and any apps I can reinstall.  Suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

You need your BlackBerry ID to be able to redownload any purchased apps from App World, so simply backing up your contacts won't help.

When you call Rogers, explain to them that you need to speak to someone who can help you with resetting your BlackBerry ID password. If the person who is helping you doesn't know what they're doing, ask them to escalate the call to the next Tier support. It will take a little patience on your behalf, but if you have any purchased apps, etc., it will be worth it.

If you don't have any purchased apps and if you haven't yet upgraded your BBM to BBM 7.0 (which is integrated with your BlackBerry ID), then use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to backup your device. You can then wipe your BlackBerry using a security wipe by going to Options > Security > Security Wipe, select the first option for Emails, Contacts, etc, then follow the instructions for the wipe. Once you're back up and running, you can create a new BlackBerry ID to use on the device and you can then restore your previous data.

I hope this info is able to help!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hapimom

I will try that for sure.  I did install the new bbm but wasn't able to use it again because I couldn't remember my password for my bb id, and this is what started the whole problem!  Do you think a security swipe will work?  and can I reload my contacts?  I have a list of all the apps I want and am fine with just installing them again.

Thank you for all your help!  Much appreciated! 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Yeah, you should be good to go with the backup and then security wipe. :smileyhappy:

Good luck and keep us posted!

Please use plain text.