Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

rachie_roo1990
My Device: Bold 9900

Blackberry ID not working...

Please help....i got the blackberry bold a week ago and my blackberry id will not work.

this is preventing me from downloading apps as well as not being able to receive my emails. I have changed the password numerous times and it still says unable to login. I then went to create a whole new id using a new email address and the blackberry community is not registering this new account, even on my laptop??? I am at my wits end with this blackberry id?? what more must i do???

Thank you.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry ID not working...

Hey rachie_roo1990,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Do you receive a specific error instead of unable to login?  Also are you able to access your BlackBerry ID by going to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid 

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

CigarsThomas
My Device: 9900 Tmobile

I'm having this same issue. I'm logged in with the same user name/id on to the blackberry website but it won't let me login to app world on my blackberry.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey CigarsThomas,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Can you provide the exact error you're receiving when trying to login?

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
BBold9900

[ Edited ]

Hi ViciousFerret,

I am facing a similar issue on 9900, the error message says "The username and password provided do not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID.".

I am able to login with the same user name and id on the blackberry website but not on the device.

I have tried the workarounds that have been given in other forums here : Security wipe, Updating software through DM but none have seemed to work. 

It would be great if a solution could be provided for this issue.

Thanks,

Shawn

New Contributor
Eveline89
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hello, I am new here and I have the same problem.

My brother created an username and password for me, and he used my dad's e-mail adress instead of mine. My dad didn't know that and he deleted the e-mail and selected the option that he didn't know the ID that my brother made for me.

I created a new BB ID and used my own e-mail adress. Just like BBold990 I am able to login with that user name and ID on the blackberry website but not on the device.

I think that the problem for me is that my BB thinks that I should log in with my dad's e-mail adress because that's the first username I used. But that BB ID doesn't exist because my father deleted it..so I can't log in.

I hope someone can help me with this! Thanks.

pam_priorglen
My Device: Bold

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I can receive emails but I can't login to my blackberry ID when I try to it says "An erroer has occurred. Please try again." This has become very frustrating. I am able to login on the website but I must admit that I am not happy.

Thanks
xsf350

Hi

I am having the exact same problem.  Whenever I try to log in to Blackberry ID I get the same error message:

Unable to Log in to your Blackberry ID account"

I called Orange (my carrier) who were great and got round the problem by setting up my email themselves but were nto able to fix this issue.  I cannot log in from the device but have no porblems logging in from my laptop.

This is preventing me from accessing App World and modifying email settings, etc.  Very frustrating and it looks as though no-one has come up with a fix yet?

This is my second Blackberry device but I have to say I am really shocked by the lack of customer care and support with this issue.  I emailed through the 'CONTACT US' option and had no response at all!

New Contributor
manughesquiere
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

I think many people have this problem. Including myself. Funny enough, nobody seems to be able to help up to now.

IF SOMEBODY KNOWS THE SOLUTION TO CHANGE THE ID ON THE PHONE ITSELF, THIS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.

xsf350

This is how I got 'round the problem using the Desktop Manager, I updated the firmware on the handset. this reset Blackberry ID and I was able then to log in with my original ID it took about an hour to complete so you need to make sure the phone is connected properly and that you won't need to use it, also check the laptop/PC is charging the phone (if the update goes wrong you will be up the creek!). So - now my ID works fine but the phone battery meter now plays up constantly! it's a price worth paying!