Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
joRo5
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Blackberry ID password reset

My Blackberry ID Account requires me to sign in when I want to change my work email access preferences.

My blackberry ID password and password recovery question have been forgotten.

I use a gmail account as my Blackberry ID. 

How can I get past the security lock out? There seems to be instructions on how to do it for BMM for Android or BMM for iphone, but not this phone.

thanks in advance for any assistance someone may be able to provide

:smileyfrustrated:

Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: Blackberry ID password reset

Hi joRo5

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please Check those Knowledge Base and try to reset your BlackBerry ID password.

KB26361  : How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

KB28685 : How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question.

KB28232 :BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox.

KB28111 :Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

VIA | prince2012 Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/blackberry-ID/m-p/2069471#M186032

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
joRo5
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

I went through all these knowledge base pages first, unfortunately as I cannot answer the password recovery question correctly I cannot get an ID reset email sent through to my gmail account. 

Is there anyway that I can bypass the recovery question?

Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

You have to remember either the BlackBerryID password, or the secret question answer. Without either, you're stuck.
Your choices are:
--Use another email account to create an entirely new BlackBerryID (with which you will lose access to any purchased apps using the "forgotten" first BlackBerryID, or
--Find the initial email you were sent to confirm the initial BlackBerryID, and in it is a link to click to cancel and delete the account. Click on that, delete the account and then you can use that same email to create an entirely new account.
Good luck.

more info here:

Article ID: KB25464 How to delete a BlackBerry ID

VIA | JSanders

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/lost-blackberry-ID-reset-question/m-p/260...

more

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/How-to-change-BB-password-if-lost-answer-...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Visitor
PhilipKeevy
My Device: Q10

[ Edited ]

I forgot my BB ID password. Now BlackBerry does not send me an email to reset or create a new password. I have requested an email 20 times or more!!! Please help!!!!

I have my username and I know the verification answer but nothing happens when I submit it for an email from BB.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

PhilipKeevy wrote:

I forgot my BB ID password. Now BlackBerry does not send me an email to reset or create a new password. I have requested an email 20 times or more!!! Please help!!!!

I have my username and I know the verification answer but nothing happens when I submit it for an email from BB.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code