Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Proximus

Blackberry ID problems

Hi everybody,

I'm new here so I hope that somebody can help me.

I created a new Blackberry id AND I remembered the password.

When I goto to OPTIONS > BLACKBERRY ID and I fill in the correct emailadres and password my phone says:

"Enter username that is linked to this smartphone" (=translation from dutch)

Anyone have an idea where I can find this info and were to enter it ?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry ID problems

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

Did you purchase that device thru third party?

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

The problem here is that, regardless of "how", the fact is (based on error message that the OP reported) that the device is associated to an existing BBID, and since that BBID does not belong to the OP (if it did, then they'd know their credentials), then there is only one way to separate the association and allow the user to create a new BBID that they will know the credentials of:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Of course, this indeed does bring up the specter of other potential problems if indeed this was a used device...in which case this KB comes also into play:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

If the actual account holder (which may or may not be the seller to this current user) did not conduct their steps (most especially Seller steps 2 and 3) then it's entirely possible that this user will never be able to have full services on this device.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I can tell you that I am the first and only owner of this Blackberry. Have had it about 3 years now.

Somewhere along the line I must have entered a wrong id or password, I have no idea.

Another thing, I don't know if it makes any difference but this is an office phone and is also connected via a Blackberry mailserver.

Another thing, the KB you suggested only mentions as from Blackberry 6, mine is running platform 5.1.0.146.

Would it be sage to upgrade to a higher version.

My phone is a "9700 Bold".

Hope to hear from you again.

Andy

Hall of Famer II

andylucky wrote:

I can tell you that I am the first and only owner of this Blackberry. Have had it about 3 years now.

Somewhere along the line I must have entered a wrong id or password, I have no idea.

In which case, the "human component" of the high security that BBID and BBs contain has failed...and there is only so much that any automated processes can do to help when that human element fails. But, all recovery methods are in that post to which I provided you a link above.

andylucky wrote:

Another thing, I don't know if it makes any difference but this is an office phone and is also connected via a Blackberry mailserver.

Ummm...can you be a bit more clear about that? Is this BB on BES? If so, then please STOP NOW and see help from your BES admins.

And, what, exactly, do you mean by "Blackberry mailserver"...is that also BES?

andylucky wrote:

Another thing, the KB you suggested only mentions as from Blackberry 6, mine is running platform 5.1.0.146.

Actually, I provided you links to 2 KBs...I can only guess at which one you are reading...

andylucky wrote:

Would it be sage to upgrade to a higher version.

"sage"? As in wise? The answer can only be "maybe". If you are on BES, then you've already STOPPED reading this and sought help from your BES admins...who also should be consulted with if you want to consider upgrading your BBOS.

All in all, I do recommend that you STOP and seek support from the admins of your IT group at your office...

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

What is the problem of using full words, what is BES ?
Hall of Famer II

BES = BlackBerry Enterprise Solution, a system often used to connect "an office phone" to the company-owned email system. BES is controlled by the company, not BlackBerry nor your carrier.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates