Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

PBennison
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Blackberry ID sign in issues

I have a Blackberry ID email address for my Bold 9900, however when I try to log in to my Blackberry ID I keep getting the message that the username is not valid. I can send emails to my blackberry email address so why can't I sign in?

I cannot change the password as I need to have a valid username.

Any help appreciated.

j0k
Contributor
j0k
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

Re: Blackberry ID sign in issues

Try checking this link: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword/

Your BlackBerry ID username should be the email address associated with your BlackBerry ID.

PBennison
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Thanks - I cannot change the password - I have tried the link before but when I try it tells me I do not have a valid user name. I have tried the full email address as well as missing off the @blackberry.orange.co.uk.

I know the email address is correct because I am receiving emails to my blackberry using the email address.

Thanks for suggestion

Peter

j0k
Contributor
j0k

I do not exactly remember where I saw an article that suggesting that we should never use a hosted email for our BlackBerry ID. I still have to look for that article.

New Contributor
fatboy72
My Device: Bold 9900

Ah Orange email :smileymad:

I had the same problem using my @blackberry.orange.co.uk when I upgraded to my 9900. 

Orange said it's not our problem, it's down to Blackberry ID. In the end I just created a new email that I only use for Blackberry correspondance.

gordy1974
My Device: bold 9900

i have the same issue. i log in with correct details and i get unable to login to blackberry ID....does anyone know how to unistall the blackberry id app.
j0k
Contributor
j0k

I think this article will be useful.

Try this one:

Article ID: KB28111

Title: Unable to reset BlackBerry Identity password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address