Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Elise2457
My Device: Bold 9900

Blackberry ID

Hi,

I have a bold 9900. I am trying to change my BB ID to download apps. Unfortunately, O2, my provider, has entered the wrong email address in the username: so every time I want to change my password, which I don't remember, the link to change my password gets sent to this email that I cannot access. Is there a way to change the email to the correct one and then I can change my password and hopefully all will be resolved.

I tried to go to Options, device, pins etc...go to bb id but it won't let me go in and set a new username because I need to enter the right password. Chicken and the egg .....VERY FRUSTRATED since O2 cannot help.

Please advise.

Elise Cooper

Contributor
seth_r
My Device: 9700, 9900, playbook 64GB

Re: Blackberry ID

You're lucky. I just upgraded last night to a 9900. Everytime I add an app back and reboot it wants me to create a BKB ID. Getting old.....
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry ID

Hi Elise2457,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Without access to the email account used to create the BlackBerry® ID, you will not be able to recover the password. You will need to create a new BlackBerry® ID and backup your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone then perform a security wipe. You will then be able to setup the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone again using your new BlackBerry® ID These KB articles should help.

"How to create a BlackBerry ID" http://bbry.lv/JeCZEx

"How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/L0U5QX

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!