Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sammiegray
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: digicel
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID

i need help!!! i am locked out of my blackberry messenger because i am unable t o remember my blackberry id. my email address attached to the phone is not functional. i made another id but the phone wil not allow me to change the id attached to the messenger. help plz

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry ID

This is how you reset your BBID password:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26361

This is how you change BBID's on a BB device:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26694
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammiegray

that was what i was afraid of, wiping the phone. i had downloaded the new upgrade for the messenger through blackberry beta
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You should be able to just reset your original BBID password. What email address did you use to set up your BBID? Hopefully not an address that ONLY comes to your BB device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammiegray

when i set up this id the yahoo account was active but for some reason i cant change it fr being the one associated with my account
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

So, can't you get the yahoo reset email on the web and reset the password?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammiegray

no the account is deactivated because it was hacked so i dont use it anymore
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Well, without an active email account in which to receive the password reset email you will need to create a new BBID and log in with the new BBID. Unfortunately, that means wiping your device.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammiegray

ok thanks
Please use plain text.
jeremy82
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 8ta

Hi I have similar issue. I know the email address but the recovery link is sent to the email which is on the phone that has been stolen. Friends have re-inviteed my old contact and can say that my pin is active and being used by someone else. I need to use my bb I'd to track/trace the phone. Please provide with some advise.
Please use plain text.