Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID

I have a blackberry ID and it works fine on my computer so the username and password are correct.  Also, I just changed my password to be sure.  On my phone I always get a msg:  "Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account".  Also, everyday, I receive email from Blackberry Protect stating....BBID User Authentication Required.  I try to verify it but get the same msg. as above, unable to login to blackberry id account.......I hope someone can help me with this....Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry ID

Hi terriinbcn

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To Resolve your issue follow this Knowledge Base Article :

KB28212  : "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

Also do a Backup Of your device.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you very much.......working on this, but still having trouble......

Elite II

Hi terriinbcn

Just follow the KB in a sequence and also before following Workaround # 2 try all other, because workaround 2 is the last Option to resolve this issue.

Let us know if you feel any problem.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

ok...thank you lots!  still having lots of trouble....I think I just backed up, but not sure because the date shows Nov. 2011.  I am even having trouble connecting my device to the Blackberry Software on my computer.......I am thinking I want to reset to factory, but, of course, I want to make sure I have backed everything up.........going to break on this for now.....will get back to it later or in the morning.  I will keep you posted and I thank you so much for helping!!!

Elite II

Hi terriinbcn

If you are unable to follow those steps then as suggested try the last resort # Workaround 2 , But as I said please cross check and confirm that you do a complete Backup of your device , After performing a backup you can follow the workaround 2 ,Also check this KB:

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

KB25063  : How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone.

Good luck.

New Contributor

I have a mac......different steps for this?

New Contributor

You are so kind.

Elite II

Hi terriinbcn

If you are on a mac then please check this Knowledge Base Article :

KB18776 : Back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data on a Mac computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software 

And if you don't have BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac you can download it from here BlackBerry desktop software  . So please try it and let us know of your progress.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I will...thank you!