Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry ID

Hi terriinnbcn

Good luck  Smiley Happy 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Well, I have no idea what i have done now.  My phone did some kind of update or something during the night.  Took about 4-5 hours.  I have also backed up, restored, and synced the phone.  I have pics, contacts, sms info-but can't send sms and when I try to get whatsapp - it says "No data is available on your device.  Contact your mobile carrier to get a full data plan, or connect to wifi".  When I go to wifi - says I am connected.  OMG!!!!!!

Elite II

Hi terriinbc

I am also confused what you have done. Did you tried Workaround 2 or done something else ? In the meantime  try a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .

Let us know what you did .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Ok, I did the battery pull restart.  No good.  Yesterday I was trying to update and I did so on the phone as well as computer.  It obviously didn't work on computer because there is no backup file from yesterday.   On the phone it saved something and asked if I wanted to continue or schedule another time because I wouldn't be able to use the phone for several hours.  Well, thinking this was the update, I set the time for last night around 3am.  Was getting really confused and frustrated.  The phone was still doing something until 8 am this morning.  (missed my alarm!)  Since then, I have no data.  I am thinking I must have done some kind of wipe instead of update.  I am thinking now I will try and restore from Nov. 2011 - says PreUpdate???  Should I?  THANK YOU!

New Contributor

Hi Prince 2012,

I really have no idea, but all is working now!!!  Weird.

Thank you for your help....

Terri

Elite II

terriinbcn wrote:

Yesterday I was trying to update and I did so on the phone as well as computer.  It obviously didn't work on computer because there is no backup file from yesterday.   On the phone it saved something and asked if I wanted to continue or schedule another time because I wouldn't be able to use the phone for several hours.  

Hello terriinbcn

You did an Over the Air device software update ! So now is your issue with your BlackBerry ID resolved ?Let us know if you are having any problem. 

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: credo

I'm having the same problem, I am told to change my password online but when I did so I still can't log into BB ID on my phone. Everytime I try to log in on my phone I get a message saying "Unable to log in to your BB ID account".

This is very frustrating. I recently changed emails and want to download my new email onto my phone but I can't because of BB ID. I am considering getting rid of my BB because of this.

Elite II

joho143 wrote:

I'm having the same problem, I am told to change my password online but when I did so I still can't log into BB ID on my phone. Everytime I try to log in on my phone I get a message saying "Unable to log in to your BB ID account".

Hi joho143

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To resolve your current problem you have to follow the same advise as I suggested within this thread . Please try it .

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: credo

I've tried taking the battery out but it hasn't changed anything. I'm not sure what other steps you are suggesting. It seems really complicated.

Highlighted
Elite II

joho143 wrote:

I've tried taking the battery out but it hasn't changed anything. I'm not sure what other steps you are suggesting. It seems really complicated.

Well.. A battery pull will not help with this current issue with your BlackBerry ID . 

Have you recently changed your SIM card or are you on a roaming network while this error appeared ?