Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: 02

Blackberry ID

I changed my gmail password and then tried to reset it on my blackberry, as I was no longer able to send and receive emails on my phone.  on the email account page I was asked for me username and password.  I tried every combination (usually my email address is my username) and kept coming up with a message saying I needed to type in a username with more than 4 characters.

Tried 02, but they cannot help. Spent 2 hours on the phone to the Geek Squad, who tried hard to help but in the end gave up.

Any ideas?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blackberry ID

Hi CharlotteFry,

Check the below knowledgebase article to know how to reset your BB ID password -

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: 02

Re: Blackberry ID

I've done all this and have now reset my blackberry ID username and password BUT am still getting the message that the username (my email address) is invalid 'as must contain more than 4 characters'.

I have spent hours and hours on this now, and nobody has a clue what's going on!!