Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

pedro80
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Maps and ATT

Why is it, that ATT is disabling our BB Maps and Blackberry doesn't help their users with this problem? My Blackberry Bold comes with BB Maps, and I want to use it. The Blackberry company should step in and helps us out!
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Blackberry Maps and ATT

Welcome to the support forums pedro80. I beleive they hide the application because they want you to use Telenav. Check out this post for how to use it on your device. http://www.blackberryforums.com/gps-mapping/91383-how-get-bbmaps-show-my-blackberry.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
omsoft
My Device: AT&T - BB 9800

The post to get BB Maps back by changing the theme and modifying some of the files did not work on my Bold. In fact, I do not have those files. I searched the whole hard drive.

The BB Maps are gone and it is all due to ATT. And since we in the US get the phone prices subsidized, RIM is not going to support anything.

It is a lousy scenario and ATT is acting like Ma Bell all over again and RIM is not gaining any brownie points or customer goodwill.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Ah just saw that it only works for OS 4.2 and lower.

Try these steps

http://www.everythingberry.com/forum/blackberry-bold/at-and-t-bold-no-bb-maps-383.html

I personally don't use BBMaps. I have Google Maps. For turn-by-turn directions you can use Nav4All or amAze. Both are free GPS programs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
omsoft

Have you tried it? What happens when you have to resend service books?

That's when ATT does their evil magic.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
omsoft

Been there. Done that. That does not work. IN fact, I do not even have those XML files anywhere on my PC where BB Desktop Manager is installed.

Maps show in the app list, but with a suffix NA, which may mean Available but Not Available.

I am surprised that RIM is taking such a passive approach, since most of their profits and revenues are coming from consumers buying BB phones and not corporate-types with expense accounts to charge Telenav to.

ATT, wait till the contract comes up. You are out the window.
Please use plain text.