Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Maps on New Bold 9700 "Program Launch Icon"

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a new Blackberry Bold 9700, The Blackberry Maps are? were, or maybe partly missing? I called AT&T Support they transferred me over to advanced support, the woman there catogorically stated there is no compatible version of BB Maps with the 9700, doesnt exist. It appears there is a whole WHolabaloo on this subject-

This Morning I decided to investigate my Application Folder or Inventory on the 9700 and sure enough its there, unless I have a broken brain under 3 rd party applications it says " Blackberry Maps 5..0.0" 7 modules installed and it shows the Uppdate Date, the purchase date I connected to Blackberry Desk Top Manager and upgraded all the software-

The Woman at AT&T from Advanced support lied to me, she put me on hold for 20 plus minutes, claimed she was speaking to a RIM Technician whose replay was, "We Aint Got it-", "Doesnt Exist"  Google is working on a version but doesnt have a compatible version yet-

Could someone help me out, there is no Icon to launch the program on my Handheld 9700, but its there for sure!

Thank You, Happy New Year to all-

Larry

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ~ Dr. Seuss
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell-Aliant

Re: Blackberry Maps on New Bold 9700 "Program Launch Icon"

If I am not mistaken the version of BB maps on the 9700 is tied to the GPS function. Tried to download BB maps and I get the error that this unit does not meet the minimum requirements.... BB maps is only available on devices running device software v4.1 or  v4.2.x.

Solutions: 6,260
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Larry, it is a pretty well-known matter (in the BlackBerry community) that AT&T disables BlackBerry Maps icons on their accounts.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

J Sanders-

Thank you, it wasnt of common knowledge to me, actually I spent several hours with AT&T and I can promise you the truth, (They AT&T ADVANCED SUPPORT) had me on hold while they claimed they were speaking to RIM. The woman came back and said, (A): "Rim Agent" stated there is no compatible version of Maps for 5.0, and thats why it is missing. I did not know at the time that Maps was on my 9700 in the app folders- (B) she alo said Google is working on Maps, but again because of the new software, it was available.

I am really upset that these people lied to me.

Thank You

Larry

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ~ Dr. Seuss
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700