Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Messenger Icon Disappeared

Initially I was having problems with the messenger - when receiving or sending messages, the phone would freeze completely for a while before I could view the message. I tried to upgrade the messenger itself but the download failed. 

I connected to the Desktop Manager and tried to update the entire software instead from here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices. But after restarting both the computer and phone, the Desktop Manager reported that no software update was required. When I did a reboot with the phone, the messenger icon had disappeared, replaced by an "Upgrade Blackberry Messenger" that only ended up with a failed download, but a page still appeared saying "Download Complete."

The messenger does not appear in any of the folders, and is not hidden, does not appear when pressing and holding the menu button. It is still listed under Options > Applications > Core as Blackberry Messenger 5.0.0 but with a Calender icon instead of the BBM icon. It cannot be deleted or moved from there.

When connected to the Desktop Manager again and under Application Loader, the messenger is not listed at all. 

Is there a way to reinstall the Blackberry Messenger, preferably with the PC? 

Am using a Bold 9700, btw.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Messenger Icon Disappeared

If it's listed in the list of applications go ahead and delete it.  Then remove the battery to reboot the device.  Then use your device browser and go to www.blackberry.com/messenger and download the application again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Blackberry Messenger Icon Disappeared

Hi

Did you manage to resolve this problem?  I have tried almost everything with my Bold 9900.  When people send me BBM messages they show as delivered on their devices, yet I do not have BBM and i get no notification.

I have uninstalled BBM on my computer with my phone connected.  I have rebooted thereafter and I have tried to download BBM from the internet on my phone.  BBM no longer shows as an installed application on my COMPUTER but it still shows as an installed application on my PHONE.  Please help!!!